Sunday 28 July 2024

crochet happiness

 This poor crochet project was abandoned for awhile as I wasn't enjoying the colours that much, when I did pick it up again I didn't realise but I had picked up a larger crochet hook! I had done about twenty rows when I realised that my blanket was putting on some weight - it had grown in width by about two inches. Well as they say if you can live with it let it be but no not me. I tried to undo it but it wasn't working so I just cut off the wider part and put it aside. 

Some of the wool has been pilfered to make granny squares but this week I decided to give it another go as there was a decent amount of the throw at the right size and it seemed wasteful to not give it a bash.

With the cold weather we have been having it is a lovely lap warmer.  Who knows it may get finished albeit a little smaller than intended.



Pattern is from Attic 24 - Harbour CAL


Lovely Hellebores have flowered again this year. Such pretty flowers.


Happy days


Marina

9 comments:

  1. Brutal way to deal with a mistake!!! haha..... the blanket is lovely - I do like Attic 24 patterns.... such a lovely helibore there....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

  2. whats wrong with those colours? Cheerful and warming I think. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your crochet looks great in spite of picking up the wrong sized hook. Fixing is part of crafting - darn it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blanket looks good, lovely colours. The Hellebore is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful blanket Marina, good yo have continued with it. The Hellebore is a lovely colour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely strong colours in your rug ... very striking. It's nice to have a warm project on your lap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do hope you finish your Harbour blanket. I enjoyed making mine and am using now on our cold Winter nights.
    You must have the perfect spot for growing helibores. That one is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful colourful crocheted blanket.
    Great to catch up through Narelle’s blog.
    Maria lifeontheblock

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good on you for trying again. I would have thrown a tantrum and it lol! Gorgeous flower xx

    ReplyDelete

finish with a purpose

 There's no greater feeling than finding a recipient for one of your projects. A dear friend has a big '0' birthday and I asked ...