Sunday 20 October 2024

hello

 Time is getting away from me it would be lovely to be able to slow it down.

Crafting inspiration seems to be lacking as I try to finish off things. I need a lightning bolt of inspiration to get me going.

I have been dabbling though in trying to utilise some little Kathy Schmitz Christmas stitcheries I had completed.  I used to always be quite enthusiastic about making Christmas decorations for friends and family but just like blogging and crafting enthusiasm it has faded a bit the past few years. 

This was going to change for this year. After purchasing some small embroidery hoops I was off and running.


I have wanted to make another of these little trees for ages to make up a trio for decorating. It was great to use up a couple of my vintage wooden reels too.

 



this little top got completed too. Thank goodness it's done. Next to get it quilted.



This finish means that I only have one project on the go, usually there are 3 or 4 works in progress. Seems like I am slowing down lol.
Maybe a new project will get under way soon, just seems so hard to decide on one these days.

My garden is bursting with irises at the moment. The plants are a few years old now and they are pumping out the flowers. Lots of colours are showing themselves. I am quite in love with them.



Have a wonderful day 

Marina


No comments:

Post a Comment

hello

 Time is getting away from me it would be lovely to be able to slow it down. Crafting inspiration seems to be lacking as I try to finish off...