Monday 14 August 2023

August

 Wow we are half way through August 

Where did that go? 

My hands have not been idle and I have been dabbling in different projects.

A work colleague was commenting on a scarf I made each time I wore it so I thought I would make her one. It came together quickly and she was so excited that I had made her one.

I only took a photo at the start...


Two more blocks of Owl and Hare have been completed and I was tempted by another little stitchery project I saw online. Of course I had to start it and a sewing day with the City girls and Gisborne girls at Kilmore quilters was the perfect time to make a start. It was a lovely day spent with crafty friends.
Both projects are enjoyable to work on  and I am trying to use different embroidery stitches that I might not usually use.







My Christmas Trees quilt has been finished. I used pearl 8 thread for the quilting and that came together a little rough in places but it's part of the charm. My two nine patch quilts are being basted by the lovely Tracee at Hummingbird quilting so that will mean two more hand quilting projects. Don't know what I am thinking??? 


Happy days...

Need to get back to some applique projects- think I'll concentrate on those this week..

Marina


(at work we have a tank with Green tree frogs. Last week we had to clean their tank. Think this fella approves of his nice clean tank. The smile says it all.




7 comments:

  1. Pretty scarf, stitch and yarn. Love your new embroidery project, fresh designs in a traditional style, works really well. The Christmas trees do look lovely. I miss seeing the tree frogs that we had around the house in France - and their call! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Little Penpen) You have been busy! I adore your embroidery blocks and the Christmas tree quilt is wonderful. You have a very lucky friend who will be getting the beautiful scarf!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty scarf wool and stitch... it is unusual. Love all the little stitcheries of course and you have the days sorted for hand quilting.... great to get the basting done for you...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your scarf is gorgeous. That is a lovely pattern and the yarn looks great. I can see why your friend admired it. I will have to ask you for the name of the pattern and the yarn, please.
    All your embroidery projects are delightful. A lovely collection of designs.
    And your Christmas trees are such fun. What a great finish to your lovely quilt.
    Always good to see a happy frog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That scarf is so unique. I love it. Your embroidery is lovely. I keep thinking I'm going to make one of the beautiful quilt patterns out there with all that embroidery but it never seems to happen. I never thought I would say this but that is a beautiful frog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photo of the green tree frog! Great scarf and your embroidery is beautiful. Great tree quilt too.

    ReplyDelete

Thursday happiness

 It's a lovely Anzac day holiday today and I am hoping to get some time to prep some blocks for my Blooms quilt as I have run out of pre...