Sunday 30 July 2023

back to the grind

 It's been three weeks back at work and my blogging intentions have been impeded by the daily grind.

Not that there isn't anything to share........ just after working at a computer all day it's not something I want to be doing once I get home.

The sun is shining in Melbourne today and there is time to share my bits and bobs.

first off I'll share some new starts..

First block of this project came together pretty quickly. The joys of large pieces


Next is my Owl and Hare stitcheries. I have had the printed linen sitting there for quite a bit and thoguth now is the time to start it. It's been a long time since I have done a stitchery project. I consider my Petite poche more an embroidery project.
lovely stitcheries to work on, not quite sure how they will come together but there is plenty of time to decide that......



Nearly all the trees have had some quilting around them.... Then the borders will need some quilting too. More big stitches with pearl thread. Lovely

Some crochet distraction happening too.... using up some leftovers.
and finally a little blanket for Little Miss' toy pram. Peppa Pig approved!





Finally some pics from a visit by my little festive friends who popped in for Christmas in July at work....

Up to their usual shenanigans..






Happy days


Marina

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful flower block Marina and Peppa Pig looks very happy in her new blanket. Your stitcheries are lovely, great to see the Elf antics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bold shapes of your new applique project - very effective. The embroideries are lovely. Always fun to see your little elves out creating mischief. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. so many lovely projects for you to work on..........

    ReplyDelete
  4. lots of lovely projects.........

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous projects happening Marina, I get confused about what to call a stitchery and what is embroidery.... it's a fine line I think..... fun to see those mischievour elves visit... Lucky little pig with her own blankie!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely post, Marina! So nice to see beautiful applique and embroidery and crochet too. Lovely projects you have on the go at the moment. Owl and Hare is def. special.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Work always seems to get in the way. But it is good to see you still getting some time for your projects. I am glad Peppa was happy with her blanket!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thursday happiness

 It's a lovely Anzac day holiday today and I am hoping to get some time to prep some blocks for my Blooms quilt as I have run out of pre...