I have had a great sewing marathon session today. I was hoping to get the next four pieced blocks for the Simple Sampler sewn up. All the pieces were prepped ready to go and that saved a lot of time.
They aren't the most perfect of blocks but they will do. There was definitely some fudging taking place to get things to fit but it's amazing what a good press can do. The imperfections I see just confirm to me that piecing is not my first love. (I must admit that the photo does improve the look of them)
I have four pieced blocks to go and then I can tackle the appliqued borders. Now that's something I am looking forward to. Only three weeks to school holidays so those last four blocks will hopefully get done then.
I am also hoping to start my Ginger jars!
Two sunny days for us in Melbourne. Spring is letting us know that it is just around the corner.
hope the sun is shining where you are
Happy sewing!
Marina


No comments:
Post a Comment