Thursday 31 March 2022

happy finishes

 Last weekend I picked up a finished quilt from Jemima's.

I was quite excited to get it back as it has been a flimsy for quite awhile. I had hoped to hand quilt it but I think my hand quilting days are all but over. The binding was on Saturday afternoon and as I had poor miss May Gibbs awaiting binding too that got done also.

The binding for the liberty dresdens has been ready since I cut the borders. Some extra scrappiness to keep with the feel of the quilt. I am going to use my Terrier doily for the label on this one.



This will be the label for the May Gibbs quilt. I need to polish up my stitching skills as it has been such a long time since I did stitchery. I thought this was perfect for the label and seeing as it is for our princess I wanted to go that extra effort.
(if anyone is wondering where the stitchery was from- it is a colouring page from here The have a couple of very sweet pictures that could be used quite easily for stitchery.)


Just love that little bottom poking out.


Happy days 


Marina


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful finishes. Love the label, very cute. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two totally fabulous quilts ... love them both though they are quite different.... good idea to find a colouring page for a stitchery.... maybe you will get back into doing more stitchery ...

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on the finishes, love a scrappy binding. I am sure your Princess will love her quilt! Perfect labels for both quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two finishes in one go - fantastic. I do love the Liberty Dresdens. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some beautiful finishes Marina and the little stitchery label will be perfect and I am sure your little princess will adore it xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two beautiful quilts. The detail going into the labels is such a nice way to finish them off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been away for a week so am catching up on posts now.
    Lovely work getting the binding done. Always very satisfying to get the last stitch in. So great to see your quilts finished.
    Love that idea for a label. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your blog,I sincerely hope that your blog a rapid increase in
    traffic density,which help promote your blog and we hope that your blog is being updated.
    wordpress
    ufa88kh.blogspot
    youtube
    កីឡាបាល់ទាត់

    ReplyDelete

Thursday happiness

 It's a lovely Anzac day holiday today and I am hoping to get some time to prep some blocks for my Blooms quilt as I have run out of pre...