Wednesday 16 March 2022

something new.....

 Even though I have a few projects on the go unfortunately there is always a justification for starting something new.

I have committed to making another Farm Sweet Farm quilt for one of my Cousin's twins, mum is going to make the other one using a kit she has had in her stash.  As the twins have turned one I thought it best to make some sort of a start.  On the long weekend I decided to make a start on prepping.

Block one nearly ready to go!

 Another 'deadline'project was the Liberty hexies quilt for my friend's pending granddaughter....
 I'm very happy with the finish and dropped it off to the quilters on Saturday and amazingly some fabrics just threw themselves at me and insisted I take them home!! I'd only ever heard of this happening to some friends of mine.


Toni Alexander from Red Boot Quilts has started another free project.  It is always nice to buy Toni a coffee as a thanks for her generosity.  Even though I don't need to start it as I have a couple of other of her projects that I would like to do first, I thought it would be good to keep up with the blocks by prepping the blocks as they are released.  So far so good and if I need a pick up and go project I can take this along.


For tv watching over the past couple of weeks I have been adding hexie rows to my 1930's flower garden.  I was going to unpick what had been started and just sew them similarly to the liberty ones but I decided to keep going with it as is and there is almost a second row been added.



Now it's back to sorting some circles for my monsters quilt as I need to add some extras of a particular size.
Hope the week is going well for you all so far.


Happy days

Marina


8 comments:

  1. That first block is very cute Marina. Fancy those fabrics just jumping into your bag! Your flower garden is coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely lovely projects.... what a good idea prepping up the blocks for toni's... I have been collecting the patterns as I really like the idea... perhaps I should look into doing what you are.... mad person with those hexie flowers and that quilt will be superb.... fun doing one and your mum doing one too...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course there is always room for a new project! Your hexies are looking lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That will be very cute for the twins! Great start! I do love those renegade fabrics that hurled themselves at you....it is easier to just give in lol! Lovely hexies too xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely piggy block Marina, you have to be very wary of that jumping fabric!! It is very nice though! Great progress with the hexies, the My Favourite things quilt looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You’re going to be kept busy with that little lot. They all look lovely

    ReplyDelete
  7. As you well know, I have no problems with starting something new, regardless of what I have waiting for a finish.
    So you go for it and i will cheer you on.
    Great idea to have two of you making a farm quilt each. You can spur each other on.
    And obviously those fabrics were lonely and wanted to come home with you. Lovely selection.
    Toni's quilts are lovely. I have enjoyed making several. And she is generous with her free patterns.
    I am pleased you didn't unpick the hexies. So much work already done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's going to be a very pretty farm quilt.... Hexies look good.....

    ReplyDelete

Thursday happiness

 It's a lovely Anzac day holiday today and I am hoping to get some time to prep some blocks for my Blooms quilt as I have run out of pre...