Monday 14 February 2022

Valentines day.....

Wow where did the past month go?  Once it's back to work the days seem to just run away from me.
Some sewing has been getting done and some quilts that have made their way to the front of the queue.
Firstly I picked up my lovely May Gibbs quilt and the binding is all prepped ready to go. Seeing that we are having temps in the thirties I don't think it will be sewn on just yet.



I was inspired to make a comfort quilt for a parent that is going through some serious health issues. 
A fitting design to be sharing on Valentine's day.
I dipped into my tilda stash and my small stash of low volume fabrics. As I am trying to reduce my fabric stash this made sense to use what I had as they suited the project perfectly.



A good friend is going to become a grandmother and I have been debating what design quilt to make for the baby. The mum has some unusual taste leaning towards vintage so I thought Liberty Hexies would suit. As Hub and I were driving past The quilt shop in Eltham I decided to pop in and buy some background fabric as I didn't have anything in a generous quantity that would suit.
It was a very successful trip....
I got planning and cutting as soon as I got home and I definitely am happy with the result so far.


A few weeks ago mum asked me to drive her to Spotlight and while sticky beaking around in the $3 per metre shelves I found this beauty........
I have another farm quilt to make and this will be perfect for the backing. I just love it and the price certainly made it even more appealing.


Hoping to get the heart quilt back this week from the quilters so I can bind and gift it asap.

Happy sewing!!

Marina




11 comments:

  1. You have been busy Marina, love the heart quilt, that will bring much joy and comfort. Your May Gibbs quilt is beautiful, the weather this week might be a bit more comfortable for quilting. The hexies are lovely too, hope the Mum loves them. Great find with the fabric. Lovely hibiscus, we have a yellow one in flower here at present.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your May Gibbs quilt, Marina. And your to-be-gifted quilts are gorgeous too. The fabric you bought as a backing is perfect for a farm quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of lovelies there. Your friends will receive a lovely hug, via a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Valentine's! Love your pretty soft quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even though you are back at work lots of lovely creations are being made there. May Gibbs quilt is just gorgeous - you are having hotter days than us at the moment. and a lovely heart quilt - perfect for Tilda's and your new baby quilt will be adorable. Great spottie find. A good bargain is almost as good as a stash gift from a friend!!! xx
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have some very pretty projects to work on. The baby quilt will be adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the May Gibbs themed quilt...I bought some not long ago and still deciding on what to do with it...
    those little hexies are going to look great too, can't wait to see the result.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely have May Gibbs envy.....it is beautiful! The heart quilt is so lovely too. What a great find for your farm quilt. Sweet hexie blocks too! It's a nuisanxe when work gets in the way of sewing time....take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very kind of you to make the special quilt.......

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your May Gibbs quilt is looking wonderful. Hope you can get the binding on very soon.
    The heart quilt is a very thoughtful gift. Hope you can finish that quickly as planned.
    Lovely idea to do the hexies. Great choice of background fabric.
    I like your bargain backing. That is a bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are adorable frames around those pretty blocks. The frames really make this quilt special.

    ReplyDelete

Thursday happiness

 It's a lovely Anzac day holiday today and I am hoping to get some time to prep some blocks for my Blooms quilt as I have run out of pre...