Sunday 20 February 2022

a day with friends.

 Another week has flown by. Yesterday I got to have a sit and sew with some wonderful crafty people at Mary's shop in Gisborne.

It seems like forever since I have gone to one of these get togethers thanks to covid and it was a fantastic day with my city girl friends. Lots of laughs and chatting and a super lunch made it a great day. Thankyou so much girls you replenish my happy reserves.

I brought home some small purchases and more importantly some inspiration-so stay turned.

I picked up the Heart quilt on wednesday and got it bound straight away. I took it to work on friday but the recipient didn't collect it so I am hoping they come in to work on Monday.

I am very happy with the final result. Here are some pics





I even managed to stitch a label.





After reading Chooky's blog post today celebrating her years of blogging it prompted me to check when my blogaversary might be.

  My first blog post was on the 18th of February 2009, I had few skills but learnt as I went along and was so excited to be joining Blogland.

 Blogging has allowed me to have made some amazing friends some long lasting and some fleeting but I wouldn't have missed it for quids. There have been lapses in blogging and even some times when I questioned whether I would even bother to continue. I must say that the blogging stalwarts like Chooky, Fiona Bubz rugz, Michelle from rag tag stitching, Sue kiwikids have inspired me to keep going and chronicle my crafting so thankyou girls...x

thankyou to all the lovely people who have crossed my path through blogging.









11 comments:

  1. Very lovely and even so the label.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely finish. I'm sure it will bring much comfort to the recipient.
    We have all learned a lot through blogging and made many friends along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cuddly heart quilt..... it looks great and perfect label. You are one of the good friends (even though we hardly get to see each other) that I have met through blogging.

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. The heart quilt is lovely. I’m sure it will be appreciated. How good that you could finally have an in person stitching day. The things we used to take for granted now are really appreciated. You had me looking back at my blog. My first tentative blog post was on 21 January 2008, although it took me a little while to get going.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you got to have a great catchup in person with your friends. The heart quilt ismso beautiful and will I am sure mean so much to your friend. I for one am glad that you continue to blog....I would so miss not seeing your gorgeous work. Blogging has been such a gift in so many ways xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your heart quilt looks wonderful. And i love the way you have wrapped and decorated it. That is beautiful.
    Congrats on sticking with the blogging. Time has flown by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely finish on the quilt Marina. I just checked and started blogging in 2012 so am heading for an anniversary this summer! I think I found you fairly early on and so enjoyed all your beautiful applique projects. Here's to blogging. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful quilt Marina, and so good to hear you had a catch up with the girls. I started in the blogging world June 2010 and have made so many lovely friends thru blogging. I am so glad you kept going so we get to see your beautiful work and catch up via zooms. Hopefully we can get together with the Gisborne girls again one day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The heart quilt is so pretty and so is the backing. Great binding choice. Sounds like the perfect day out to see your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How lovely to have a sewing day at a shop..... I'm glad you are still blogging.... And I've even got to meet you and that only happened because of blogging..... Hope the quilt recipient is there Monday.....

    ReplyDelete

What is new....

 Now that a few projects have been completed and delegated to different quilters I can share my new projects. It was not easy finding the in...