Sunday 27 February 2022

this and that

Thanks to SAS Australia and Survivor there has been some extra sewing happening in the sewing room. Even though I have been a fan of these shows I am a little over them but Hub still likes watching them so I retreat to the sewing room while they are on.

I managed to finish sewing all my scrappy hearts into one piece.... Now to decide on the borders.




Yesterday I joined in with Chooky's blogaversary zoom and it was lovely to see and sew with all the lovely ladies.
I worked on my Liberty hexie flowers and realised I only had seven to go, so made quick work of them last night.
They are all ready to sew in rows and then I will work out the borders- this isn't their final arrangement as I can see from the photo some need to be moved around to balance the colours.





While at the sewing day last week I was bidding on an ebay item which I happily won. It arrived quick sticks , I love it.
I'll leave you with a photo of the two princesses who seem to think the hammock was bought just for them.
So love my girls and of course my big black dog too, but there's no way he's getting in the hammock!!!



Happy days!


12 comments:

  1. Totally love your hearts quilt.... looks fabulous...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, I love your hearts quilt! It's beautiful--fabrics, colors, arrangement, all of it, just perfect.
    The stitchery from ebay is an Airedale? What a fun pattern. (Airedales are my dogs of choice.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course the hammock was bought for the princesses, wasn't it!!??!! Your heart quilt and the hexie quilt look beautiful Marina. Sorry I missed you on zoom, I left about 1.30 as we were heading into the city. Great find on ebay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hearts are amazing. Sorry I missed you on zoom, I only got on late.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those hearts look just amazing! Love the Liberty hexies too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hearts quilt top is amazing. Thank you for sharing it here as well as on zoom.
    Your flowers are very pretty, it will be good to see them progress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I rarely even turn a tv on now days.......don't miss it at all......there is nothing much to watch......the hearts looks great together and I love those liberty hexies.....lovely to catch up on zoom.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. The hearts & the hexies are both lovely. Cute dog embroidery. The doggies look very comfy there. :0 Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hearts are gorgeous! Also the Liberty hexies. Lazing about is better with doggies lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hearts and hexies are both beautiful. Other than that, I think you have gone to the dogs. LOL All three are sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The hearts look wonderful all together. That is an amazing effort.
    And it looks like the hexies are not far behind.
    Dogs just have a way of working their way into every space. They look very content.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your heart quilt is gorgeous. The Liberty flowers look great too. I love the doily. I just love vintage doilies.

    ReplyDelete

Thursday happiness

 It's a lovely Anzac day holiday today and I am hoping to get some time to prep some blocks for my Blooms quilt as I have run out of pre...