Monday 1 November 2021

We are free!!

 Covid Lockdown has been lifted at last and what an amazing feeling, a little bit unusual considering how long we've been lockdown but amazing nonetheless!

On Saturday a get together was arranged with the City girls who it seems like I haven't seen for an eternity.

Lots of laughing and chatting and eating as you'd expect with some sewing thrown in for good measure.  It was an absolute joy to see everybody again.

I got some photos of show and tell but forgot to get a picture of us all.  They are such an amazing bunch of girls and hopefully it won't be too long till we go on an adventure. There are so many shops we have not visited for a long time.

The next two quilts were Anne's work. I think we have nominated a new High Achiever in the group!


This was Gail's handiwork. 
This was Elyte's Tilda fabric quilt, beautifully made and hand quilted

I took my Okehampton for show and tell and my clamshells came along too.

I have also been finding joy in the garden at the moment as flowers begin to bloom. My Sister in law gave me some Iris plants and they have flowered for me beautifully. I have a few clumps in the garden but this is the first to flower. I am absolutely smitten with them.


My red rose has gone berserk this year. I had a lovely flowering last year but I think this year is going to be a record best. The plant was grown as a piece from a plant that my mum had been gifted when they first moved into their new home 50 odd years ago. My plant is over 30 years old and is one of the first plants we put in our garden. It is looking the healthiest it has ever looked and the perfume is intoxicating. They bring me lots of happiness.


Hope the flowers are blooming in your gardens 

Some sewing will make an appearance next post.

Happy days!

Marina

10 comments:

  1. I think all of you are over achievers!! Beautiful quilts!! Happy that you can enjoy each other’s company again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice for you to be able to get together finally. Looks like a lovely day with beautiful show & tell. Love your rose, gorgeous colour. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work by your friends and the colour of your rose is amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to be able to see the City girls again, beautiful quilts being made there. The rose in your garden is beautiful, this season seems to be so good for the roses. I have white iris if you would like some.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has been wonderful to be able to se all the special people we have missed for so long.
    I am pleased you had a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It must have been great fun to finally catch, in person. The girls have made very good use of their lock down time. Such beautiful, detailed quilts. It is a wonderful season for gardens. I can understand why you treasure your red rose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice to be able to get together with your friends again…
    Lots of beautiful show and tell.
    Gorgeous blooms in your garden…

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I can just imagine the chats going on... just lovely. so good for the soul to get together with friends..
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many beautiful projects, such a talented group lovely to see you back together. Your roses are stunning.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. How lovely to catch up and so much beautiful show and tell too....your rose is gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete

Saturday with friends

I had a lovely catch up yesterday at Patch and Quilt in Gisborne with sewing friends. Most of us go back to when there  used to be quarterly...