Friday 12 November 2021

slow and steady

 The past week has flown, work and grandma duties have filled the days and some social events thrown in leaves little time for much else.

While looking after my granddaughter on Tuesday we went for a little stroll to a local op shop. Never too early to foster a companion on these adventures.

I am keeping an eye out for doilies to replenish my stash to use for quilt labels.

I found these lovely dog themed doilies. they are so pretty and such perfect stitching.  It breaks my heart to think of these being discarded. The other two were gifted by a good friend.




Elf on the shelf accessories have stopped arriving and now to just wait for their arrival.

My work colleague gave me this great pj set. I love them!


There has been some sewing too.....

Some circles have been added to my monsters quilt. This is such fun part of the quilt.



Tomorrow I will get to pick up a quilt from the quilters. I can't wait to see how it has turned out.

Have a lovely weekend 




Cheers

Marina

7 comments:

  1. Oh those doggies, I ❤️ Them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to be able to do grandma duties and go op shopping.
    All the doilies are pretty especially the cute puppy ones…
    Fabulous PJs…
    Loving the monsters quilt…

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dog doilies are so cute. It is such a shame when things like these are discarded but it works in our favour to find treasures like these in op shops. :). Love your monsters quilt, so cute. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great op shop finds. Glad you had some company there, too. I have not seen them with dogs on the doilies.
    Looks like you are managing to keep some stitching happening, even when it is getting busy.
    Good luck picking up your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love fun visits to your blog.... how cute are those puppies... perfect expressions..... so great to spend time with the princess - making up for lockdown. The pyjamas are just right too... haha.... and I do love your monsters quilt....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh love the doggies.....My Nan used to have a set with Black Scottie dogs. It is sad to see someone's beautiful work discarded....I always wonder about the maker. Monsters is looking great too!

    ReplyDelete

May is for quilting

 The recent drop in temperatures have inspired me to do some hand quilting. The fact that I can't focus on what project to work on has n...