Saturday 2 October 2021

Machine time

 Today I got to have some machine sewing time with my 9 patch blocks.

The top with the scrappy squares is together and I am thinking it is big enough so need to play catch up with the red and cream blocks. The cream larger blocks are from a French General metre I had but I panicked a little as I don't think there will be enough for the larger 9 patch blocks so a stash search turned up two solid pieces of French General in a cream and taupe so disaster averted.

So love the reds and cream.

I managed about 10 blocks today and they are all trimmed ready to sew into bigger blocks.



Here's a little elf preview  
Some footwear that arrived in the mail.......


Happy days.... better get my skates on and get ready for dinner


Marina


9 comments:

  1. Always great to find some of the right fabrics in our stash,,
    Oh I do love Elf’s new footwear….

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your red & cream blocks. Cute Elf shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh that elf footwear.... how on earth do they make it so tiny? .... love the red and creams ... that's going to be gorgeous. Maybe you sent me too much of the cream??????
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your French General blocks look wonderful Marina. I can see you are going to have lots of Elf fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The 9 patch blocks look beautiful with the reds and crams. Love the birdy fabric. Your elf looks good from what I can see. Is she a novice skater?

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG...Elf footwear!...so funny...love French General anything...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love red and cream and throw in that they are French general fabrics has to win......

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing lovelier than red and cream....especially FG! The elves run amok at my Grandkids houses....although DS has Olaf from Frozen instead lol! The footwearis very cute

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that footwear!!!
    The blocks are looking good. Glad you found that fabric. Love it when the right thing turns up.

    ReplyDelete

Thursday happiness

 It's a lovely Anzac day holiday today and I am hoping to get some time to prep some blocks for my Blooms quilt as I have run out of pre...