Wednesday 29 September 2021

Sewing at leisure

 Days are rolling by and before I know it holidays will be over and it will be very interesting to see what the new school term will bring in regards to lockdown restrictions. The combination of on-site and off-site working has been a positive experience overall. No travel time, no interruptions on the up side, but no company on the down side. It's all a balancing act.

Sewing has been a feature of the lockdown and I have been concentrating on quilting my clamshells. I am over half way. On Saturday Chooky organised a zoom sewing get together and I joined in. It was lovely to see old friends and meet some new ones too. I have been missing my sewing get togethers with my sewing buddies and this was a great happiness boost. Thankyou Chooky for doing these.

While on  zoom Jo was handquilting as well and she had already bound her quilt. I thought this was a great idea so bound my Clamshells too. It's so much neater to handle but it just means I can't use the hoop near the edges.


I don't think I showed the whole of my novelty hexies quilt that I recently finished.
It feels good to complete these long term ufos.



I have also started sewing my second lot of monsters onto their backing fabric.
This shirting was a super bargain at Spotlight which ended up being about $5 per metre. 
I've found some great bargains on quality fabrics there and bought up enough to use for backings.
The backing for the clamshells was another great buy. I love it's vintage feel which compliments 'Scrappy' perfectly.



Onto the surrounding circles next!

Last year I got a little Elf on the Shelf Crazy and this year is looking like it's going to be even more crazy! I love displaying them in the office at School and the children love coming to see what they are up too. I've done a little lockdown shopping for accessories as I haven't had much fabric shopping so have channelled it to my Elf obsession.
If anyone is looking for sites to buy reasonably priced accessories for their Elf these two sites are amazing.....
Great service and gorgeous knick knacks. As it gets closer to Christmas I'll be sure to share my Elf's antics. Here's a little flashback to last year...






Look for the silver lining 





Marina


10 comments:

  1. Love your hexie quilt & the monsters are very cute. Have fun with the Elf. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was wonderful to see you and have a chat on Saturday, those session always make me feel so happy! I love your clamshells, don't know what it is but clamshell quilts seem extra cuddly or something!! Love the hexie quilt too, great you have it finished, the monsters always make me smile! Have fun with the Elves this year! Looking forward to seeing what they get up to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The novelty hexy quilt looks great and I look forward to seeing the clam shells when completed. Elf on the shelf is always fun. I’ll be watching to see what mischief they get up to this year. It’s a great idea to have them at school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does look easier to hand quilt once the binding done. Yes nice backing ….
    Love the green background on the fussy cut hexies….
    Monsters looking good…
    Your Elf does get up to lots of tricks…

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to bind the hexies. That makes a lot of sense.
    The hexie quilt looks wonderful. Lots of fun fabrics in that one. Very special.
    And it looks like you are very organised for a lot of elfing at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you've been busy again...love that hexie quilt, the green just makes it all pop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am looking forward to seeing what your elves get up to this year... all fun and you will be well prepared with accessories when the princess is old enough to enjoy it too...
    Love the hexagons..... a lot of work in it. I never seem to find the bargains at Spotty's...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. was lovely to catch up on zoom.....your sewing lots of beautiful projects.....
    I had no idea what the elf on the shelf was until last Christmas.......

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was lovely to see you on Saturday. Monsters, clamshells ,hexies elf’s so many wonderful projects beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those hexies are fun...saw the elf on a shelf out and about last year, seems they are a bit naughty...

    ReplyDelete

May is for quilting

 The recent drop in temperatures have inspired me to do some hand quilting. The fact that I can't focus on what project to work on has n...