Saturday 16 October 2021

lazy saturday

 I am just about to head into my sewing room for some slicing and planning and thought I'd pop in for a quick post.  Hubby and I have just rescued the line full of washing from the quick burst of rain, It likes to catch you unaware.

I received some lovely mail this past week. Firstly was this gorgeous project keeper and charm pack from Marg as a thankyou for lending her my Farm sweet farm templates. So beautifully made and check out that lining fabric. Is it not perfect?



The second parcel I found had arrived after I'd had a very trying day at work. It lifted my spirits no end.
This squishy package and also a package with elf accessories which I will spare you from. lol

I started working on this lovely project for a friend. She has pieced the top and I am doing the applique. I had hoped that she wanted me to needleturn but she had bought the precut pieces from Laundry basket quilts so I am using them.  The pieces already have a glue on the reverse side and at first it was quite hard to get the needle through and the silk thread was fraying quite quickly. The glue gummed up the needle too making it difficult to push through.  I had a brainwave of running the thread through beeswax and also rubbing the needle on the wax and it is much easier now.
This will take a while but she has assured me there is no hurry. 
The blues are absolutely gorgeous.


Last night Chooky had an improvised zoom session and it was lovely to sew for a little while with company. I can't wait to be able to see sewing buddies in person.

Now to the sewing room for some work!

A sneak peak next time.

Happy days!!

Marina



10 comments:

  1. A lovely gift from Marg and the backing in it is perfect for a dog lover…
    Nice squishy mail.
    Pleased you found a way to make the appliqué easier. Looks like a beautiful project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh PS . Lovely to catch up with you and the ladies on Zoom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very nice of you to help your friend:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely gift! just perfect for you .... well done with the sewing.... pity about the glue ...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the project keeper, it's gorgeous. Beautiful fabrics in your squishy mail. Glad you figured out a way to get the applique sewn on. It looks lovely. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How nice to receive squishy mail. The blues are gorgeous. I’m glad you have found a way to make things work. As it gets closer to Christmas, I do hope you will share the antics of your elves. We can all do with a giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice to receive lovely mail! Very pretty blues in your friends applique...great idea with the beeswax xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful goodies in the mail, good to see you found a way around the glue on the applique. Looking forward to seeing the Elf at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How gorgeous is that blue and white fabric in your bag. Your button hole stitching looks lovely. Glad you could sort out the glue problem. Sorry I missed you on zoom. Did see Chooky's email until Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your new sewing bag is beautiful - the puppy fabric is lovely. And so many lovely fabrics in your other parcel.

    ReplyDelete

nearly all done

Holidays are over sadly but it's been a great week for labels and binding with some finishes to tick off the list. Basket case is a big ...