Wednesday 22 September 2021

Sewing satisfaction

I have quite a few projects that are very slow works in progress, Am I the only one? You know the kind of project that you just add to in between other works on the go?
I have my scrappy hearts and my 9 patch blocks that can be picked up in between other projects.
With being home I definitely have enjoyed my 9 patch sewing. After tallying my progress and working out how many blocks to go it has spurred me on too. I am going to use the scrappy for one side and the reds and cream for the other so I'll get two quilts for the price of one. 
Five rows of scrappy blocks are together and now to catch up with the red and cream ones.

The clamshell quilting project is underway.  After this I will only have one more hand quilting project to do, well that is at this stage.
I pieced some fabrics for the backing but after basting it was puckering badly on the back and there's no way I could live with it so I removed all the basting made a new backing with some fabric that I had stashed for backings and it basted much more neatly. I always have a hard time with basting and getting it sandwiched neatly. 

My Tilda Dresdens are all completed and the top is together. I found a pattern that had applique in between the plates and I'll get around to that soon. It's a really pretty pattern that was an internet freebie too. I love that 









The binding is on my Farm Sweet Farm quilt after a bit stall on finishing, but as long as we get there in the end...
The sewing machine awaits and I am off to make some nine patches!!

I'll leave you with a picture of a 'lap full of fox terriers'. 
The only thing missing is a giant sized black curly dog! lol


Have a fantastic day!

Marina


14 comments:

  1. Love your 9 patch. I think i should have been making one of those instead of the quilt i started & have never got back to. Well it seemed like a good idea at the time. :) Pretty Dresdens & your Farm Sweet Farm is wonderful. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to use the scrappy 9 patch on one side of your quilt and your red and creams on the other.....
    Dresdens looking lovely and I would redo the backing too if it was puckering....
    Fabulous Farm quilt ready for the binding..
    Cute lap full of Foxies.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. simple 9 patches are so satisfying to make into a quilt...love yours.
    the dresdens are lovely too, can't wait to see how you finish them off..
    cute puppers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is so pretty!!! I love the colors in your Farm Girl quilt. Sweet doggies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always such a pleasure coming and seeing what you are up to.... lots of lovely projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The ninepatch sounds and looks great. I love your Tilda Dresdens. They will be lovely with applique between. Very nice finish also xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work so many pretty fabrics. Aw and don't the puppies look adorable sleeping together.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have several projects on the go, slow ones and slower ones...you get the picture!!
    Your projects are beautiful Marina, your dresdens are very pretty and I love the farm quilt. Your lap full of fox terriers, looks wonderful, shame you can't go anywhere though!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful quilts as always, Marina. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love your Sweet Farm Quilt. I plan on making that one too....eventually. I'm finishing up a hexi quilt made with original feed sacks. Your quilt looks to have vintage fabric...are they vintage? The body of my hexi is finished but I'm adding extra white hexies on the border to try and even it up..... somewhat. Always enjoy seeing a puppy picture.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All such lovely projects. I do love Farm Sweet Farm. The simple quilting suits it perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet Farm Quilt looks great...pretty dresdans...great idea to make a reversible quilt...it was lovely to zoom catch up with you today...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great to have lots of projects on the go. Good to have choices.

    ReplyDelete

What is new....

 Now that a few projects have been completed and delegated to different quilters I can share my new projects. It was not easy finding the in...