Sunday 14 February 2021

February already!!

 I'm not sure where the time has gone but incredibly it's February. I survived the Christmas joys and New Year.  Crafting has been getting done here and there and there are a few things to catch up on.

Some deadline projects had to be completed and this meant other things were put on the back burner.

Spring bouquet by Laundry Basket Quilts was completed and taken to be quilted for a early March deadline as it will be a gift for my SIL's zero birthday.

I am very happy with the top and it was a very enjoyable project.



A baby Milestone quilt, pattern by Melly and Me was completed and delivered last week in time for bub's arrival. I hand quilted this one and I always ask myself why? lol

I also made one for our little princess, great pattern.




Some progress on my Basket case too, the baskets are all together and the first border is ready for appliqueing.......



Now that we are back in lockdown for five days I got some time with my Janome....

Ten new 9 patch blocks have been added to the stash and some red blocks got sewn together. Very happy with how they look together.


One last photo if you are still with me.... Poppy trying out what a cat's life is all about....


Now I'm off to catch up with what everyone else has been doing while I was in limbo land!


Happy days.

Marina


13 comments:

  1. A gorgeous quilt for your SILs special birthday, lucky lady...
    Cute baby quilts...
    Your baskets and blocks are looking great.....
    Poppy looks very comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You’ve been busy! I love those baskets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your quilts. Lovely projects you have been sewing. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spring Bouquet is so beautiful. What a gorgeous gift to receive. I am sure your SIL will adore it. That is such a cute baby quilt and your nine patch are looking lovely. Enjoy your sewing time and stay safe xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah Poppy looks so relaxed on the blanket! The quilt formyour SIL,is stunning Marina, love the baskets and red blocks. The baby milestone quilt is gorgeous too, I guess you hand quilt because you can!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a delight to see all that you have been working on. Your Spring Bouquet is beautiful. Such lovely work on a gorgeous design. What a wonderful gift.
    The baby quilt is lovely. A very lucky baby is getting that one. Another gorgeous gift.
    Your nine patches are great, too. How many will you need?
    Loving those little baskets. They are turning into a very nice collection.
    Make the most of our lock down days. But hope there are not too many.

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous quilts.... spring bouquet has a slightly unusual border which is so effective... thats a lovely gift for a 0 birthday.... I love the date quilt.. handquilting is a special extra for it... and your baskets look amazing.... lots of lovely work happening there..... keep safe and enjoy a few days at home....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spring bouquet is stunning - what a gift! I love the baby quilt too and for me hand quilting is always worth the effort. Nice work on your baskets and your red blocks are very striking - I like them a lot. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your Spring Bouquet, beautiful gift for your SIL, the red blocks work well with the french general blocks. Poppy knows the best spots to have a snooze.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The quilt for your SIL is magnificent! So many other beautiful items.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your spring bouquet quilt is beautiful, Marina. I love the baby quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That quilt is a Masterpiece already. Oh! My! I'm in love! Love the baskets too. Poppy is just adorable. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow you have lots to show..... Love the first one..... One looked at the quilt but to much for me to do......

    ReplyDelete

What is new....

 Now that a few projects have been completed and delegated to different quilters I can share my new projects. It was not easy finding the in...