Monday 21 December 2020

roll onto Christmas

 There has been little time for blogging or visiting blogs over the past few weeks.

Work is done for 2020 thank goodness and there have been some other issues keeping me away but hopefully now there will be more time for my favourite things.

Not a lot of crafting to show but I have lots of plans so stay tuned.  I have some lovely gifties to share from crafty friends.

Get ready for a marathon of photos

A lovely ornament from Michelle....

this lovely project keeper with a little project included from Annie from my sewing buddies.

Elyte made me this gorgeous sewing pouch with beautiful auriful cottons. Love the blues!
A work bud that I accidentally got hooked onto patchwork dropped in a surprise gift. Stunning fabrics for a beautiful runner! I couldn't believe it.

she included this supercute zipper pouch with some liberty fabrics to add to my stash!
I wanted to make a quick little quilt for our little princess as she had to undergo some serious surgery, thankfully all went perfectly and she is recovering well thanks to the amazing expertise and care at the Royal Children's Hospital. A large square of hearts had been started so I got to it and sewed up some more to make it 18 X 18 hearts, hand quilted it this week and dropped it off today.
A quilt of love from Nana


I have been quite enamoured with the Elf on the Shelf craze and got much entertainment and joy from setting up the elves in our school office. There are some amazing accessories too..... 

 The children's reactions are just priceless. At home I will continue to set them up and I have been facebooking the pics. I thought I would share some here too.  Next year I am hoping little princess will be suitably enthusiastic about them too.









If I don't get here again this week a Very Happy and safe Christmas to all, hope you get to spend it with loved ones.


cheers for now

Marina

10 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you too Marina. So good to hear of your Princess' successful surgery. The heart quilt you made her is just perfect. Lovely gifts from friends :-) The elfs' antics are so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post Marina, the girls have given you wonderful gifts, sad to hear your Princess needed surgery but good to hear she is ok and well looked after. The heart quilt is just stunning, lots of love from Nana. I am enjoying your elf photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely gifts - the table runner is a stunner! Hope your little one makes a good recovery - i am sure she will love her quilt. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely gifts and so nice of you to enable another person into patchworking... now you don't think anyone is going to believe you do the elf thing for the children do you????? I am loving your updates on f/b...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful gifts you received..
    Pleased your little princess is ok and cute heart quilt you made for her...
    LOVE ❤️ all your Elvies on the shelf.....
    Have a happy safe Christmas 🎄

    ReplyDelete
  6. lots of lovely things here.......I have only heard about the elf this year.......how slow am i.......anyway hope you had a great Christmas....catch up again in 2021.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. December has been odd this year. I am only just managing to catch up on reading posts. Looks like you had a lot of fun with elf on the shelf.
    And I do hope your little one is going okay. But the RCH is marvellous with their care.
    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Marina....somehow missed this post. I do hope your little girl is on the mend. So awful when they are so little. Your hearts make a beautiful quilt full of love for her.
    We have several elves in our family that bring great fun to the Grandies. Beautiful gifts also. Belated Happy New Year xxx

    ReplyDelete

nearly all done

Holidays are over sadly but it's been a great week for labels and binding with some finishes to tick off the list. Basket case is a big ...