Tuesday 23 February 2021

Basket progress....

Work life is settling and I can get some sewing done of an evening without falling asleep.
I have so many ideas for new projects whirling around my head tempting me to start a new project, so far I have resisted but it won't be long till I will give in. lol Watch this space!
In the meantime I have managed to make a start on Basket case borders. One and a half completed. Easy sewing, the outer borders are going to be fun with lots of applique.



I found two nifty and cheap storage containers at Woolworths.
I usually store my projects in tins but have to go through them all when I can't remember what is in them. These are great to pick up and go and have great compartments in the white trays and lots of storage underneath, variable size to suit the project you are working on.



I'll share some little hearts that have been gradually restocking my collection which was quite depleted after I made the quilt for our little princess. It will be awhile before they will become a quilt.
Some friends added some of their scraps to my collection. Others' scraps have a way of injecting enthusiasm to a project.

Hope everyone has a great week!
Happy sewing

Marina

7 comments:

  1. Love your baskets and hearts Marina, those containers look wonderful. Good to hear life is settling, here's hoping it stays settled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your baskets are looking wonderful. And the borders are looking lovely, too. Always love your work and the hearts are no exception.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you are doing that border... baskets is looking great... so I wonder what the new project will be? I am also itching even though I have too many already! Love your little hearts...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. The boxes look very useful. Nice border on your baskets and such pretty hearts. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The borders are going to look wonderful against those lovely baskets. Love your pretty hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your fabric choices, the baskets look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always great to have good storage for projects..... Tins, tubs, bags.....
    Nice project.....

    ReplyDelete

nearly all done

Holidays are over sadly but it's been a great week for labels and binding with some finishes to tick off the list. Basket case is a big ...