Saturday 7 November 2020

November already

 I can't believe it's November already! Busy days at work have made for very little sewing time at night. I've been struggling to stay awake let alone stitch. The best I have managed is some hearts as they are quick and easy and don't take a lot of concentration.  Won't be long and I'll start adding to the pieced section again.



I had a bit of a clean up in my sewing room this morning as things had got a little out of control. Feels good to get some order. Also had an attempt to prepare some quilt labels ready to stitch. I am very slack in making labels for my quilts, hopefully I can play catch up and get some done when I'm looking for a quick pick up project. Next year I'd like to get a few of those smaller flimsies quilted, hopefully hand quilted! Might be a bit ambitious but I'll give it a go.




Lockdown has eased and a get together in a park was organised by DIL and we all got to fight over our gorgeous baby girl and have a proper cuddle. She has just turned three months and is a little doll xx

Nine patch blocks have barely been touched but now total 27 Reds and 65 Scrappy.

I hope to get some sewing time this weekend and especially to treat myself on my day off on monday.

Happy sewing!


Marina


8 comments:

  1. Love your hearts. So cute. Your sewing room is looking good. Nice that you got to go out & visit family & have cuddles with you baby girl. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even at this weird time the days just fly by so quickly.
    Its good to have a tidy up , I did also last night.
    Nice to do a little stitching on your hearts..
    Lovely to have had cuddles with your sweet little one again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hearts are beautiful Marina, your room looks great. Good idea to do the labels, it is easy to forget when things are done. So good to hear you had a family get together, your grand daughter will be a most hugged young lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice tidy sewing space - it does feel good doesnt it! Lots of pretty hearts - good to relax a little with something mindless. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pleased to hear up put got snuggles with the little misd

    ReplyDelete
  6. Work messes up sewing time doesnt it.... your sewing room looks fun to play in. I am terrible about labels.. my family tell me off when I send one and there is no label! Wonderful little hearts and even more wonderful are the cuddles you got...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Work really does interfere with stitching. Such a shame.
    Glad you enjoyed a park get together. I am looking forward to the barrier coming down tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Luckily sewing waits for us. Your sewing room looks lovely with all your treasures. I have a lot of old doilies gifted by a friend that I have been using for my labels. I can just imagine how womderful those Granddaughter cuddles were xx

    ReplyDelete

May is for quilting

 The recent drop in temperatures have inspired me to do some hand quilting. The fact that I can't focus on what project to work on has n...