Monday 9 November 2020

monday musings

 seems like concentrating is a challenge at the moment. I know what needs to be done and I know what I want to do and can't focus on either. 

Today was my day off so I had a little rummage through my odd bits and pieces box. This includes orphaned stitcheries and blocks, ideas that didn't quite make the cut and general hide away projects.

I found some little blocks in 1930's repro fabric leftover from 'sweet nostalgia'. They had been sewn together and just looked blah so I got to unpicking, pressing and trimming. 

This gave me two little minis. I also managed to find some of the original 'white' and off white to add to these.


enough white to add a few more blocks.....


while looking for the white fabrics I thought I would have a look for some bigger metre pieces of shirting that I could use for the scrappy and red 9 patch blocks.
This treasure that I have been hanging on to popped up and it just so happened that the blocks are 3 1/2" so I auditioned the red 9 patch on the piece and I think it could be a big winner and finally give it a purpose. 


Night time stitching is reserved for must do applique as I have a deadline for that and I want to get it done.
More freedoms for Victoria and it's a great feeling. Took my mum to see her first great grandchild and she got to have a big hug. Little princess was smiling and cooing for great grandma and when I got to have a hold the chin started to quiver and she started to cry, tears and all.
Hope this isn't going to define our relationship? 

have a great week

Marina

7 comments:

  1. O that piece of French General fabric is simply perfect for your sweet red/white 9patches. Think it will be just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blocks Marina, they will make a wonderful mini or three!
    I am sure your grand daughter will love you to bits once she gets to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always nice to make use of stuff that has been lurking - your projects are looking great. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. that fabric is a great find.... well done for making up something beautiful from thje bits and pieces box.... how lovely your mum got to have cuddles finally.... shutdown has been tough on people.... I'm sure bubs had tears of happiness?????
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely find with the fabrics. Quite a few blocks ready to go.
    How special to be able to take your mum baby visiting!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you see me drooling over that gorgeous FG fabric and it looks wonderful with your red ninepatch. Beautiful orphan blocks....I know you will turn them into something wonderful! One of my Grandies used to do that but loved Grampy with a black beard?? But they are now a little shadow lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your sweet 30's fabric blocks and the red nine patches look so good with the taupe/white fabric. So very happy you could take your Mum to visit your tiny sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete

Thursday happiness

 It's a lovely Anzac day holiday today and I am hoping to get some time to prep some blocks for my Blooms quilt as I have run out of pre...