Friday 23 October 2020

Crunching numbers...

 Another busy, albeit short week has meant little sewing time. 

Poor Michelle has caught a bug from me.... The applique heart bug and we thought it would be nice to have a little scrappy swap to enhance the  scrappiness of our hearts. My parcel to Michelle arrived quite quickly but thanks to the issues with post delivery mine only arrived last week even though we posted at the same time. It was well worth the wait as Michelle sent me some very pretty pieces which I had to cut into straight away. Some pieces allowed for some 1 1/2 inch blocks as well as some hearts so bonus!


As there isn't much sewing to show I decided to tally up my hearts as I often get asked how big will I make it. Thought it would be good to actually work it out a little, It seems I'm a little number obsessed at the moment.
Once all the new and prepped hearts are completed at this stage there will be 551 hearts. Of course there will be more added and I may need to make two quilts. Boy when I start something  I really start something! 



I think they look so pretty!
Some other mail that arrived was this parcel from Pauline's quilt world. A new bias making gadget.
I am quite happy with my clover bias makers but it is impossible to get a 1/8th bias maker. It was more economical to get the three and have a go. Of course I had to try them. THe 1/8th one is quite tricky but I think it would be, using any bias maker as it is so little. The 1/4" maker worked quite well and easily to make a lovely neat bias, this size is the one  I use the most for applique. I think I need to watch the video instructions and pick up some tips.


Grand final day holiday today, as much as I love a public holiday this one is such a fluffer holiday.
Oh well, take what's on offer. Looking forward to Sunday to hear if there will be any slackening of restrictions. Fingers Crossed!

Happy days

Marina



7 comments:

  1. Lovely with all the scrappy hearts... do you need any more fabrics for them???? happy to add to the scrappiness....
    good luck with your bias maker.... that fine bias is hard to do.... I think it's funny you have a finals holiday this year... it's being held here in Qld and no holiday... is there even a Vic team in the finals???? haha.. hope you had a lovely day

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. love those little hearts...are the hearts 1 1/2" or the backgrounds? either way they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your heart collection is growing and looking great. Lovely to share some fabrics, too. You set a high bench mark for yourself with two quilts in mind. But i am sure you will make it.
    The bias makers are a great idea. I saw them at a craft show last year and watched the demo. Definitely worth watching a video to pick up tips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy that your bits finally arrived....they look so lovely and its hard to stop at one lol! I am vety happy you passed on your bug! Interesting bias makers x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hearts look great...... You have heaps done..... Hope you get some restrictions to ease......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle has sent some pretty fabrics that you have fussy cut for your Hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The mail is really unpredictable isn't it. The hearts look wonderful, you have a large number done already. We had two public holidays last week Geelong Cup and Grand Final. Made a change in the week I guess for some! Fingers crossed for restrictions easing today, although the outbreak in the Northern suburbs will not help .

    ReplyDelete

Thursday happiness

 It's a lovely Anzac day holiday today and I am hoping to get some time to prep some blocks for my Blooms quilt as I have run out of pre...