Sunday 18 October 2020

it's been a long week...

 It's back to normal at work and it was very busy, which I knew it would be. I was so tired after work that I barely picked up a needle during the week.

Yesterday though I go to sit and Sew with Chooky and other bloggers via zoom. It was lovely to meet new crafty people and touch base with others I knew.  Thanks Chooky for the invite and for organising.

During the zoom I played with some hearts while contemplating what to work on next.  It was about time I got back to Spring bouquet so I fired up the iron and freezer paper templates and prepped the pieces for the final border.


This is the rest of the pieces just waiting for that final piece.... There is meant to be a little border around the centre but I didn't fancy cutting more little blocks and I have used up all the background fabrics so I may just pop in a light green instead...... but then again I might change my mind.
I really have loved making this quilt. It will be a '0' birthday present for my sister in law for next year.
She has seen pics of the centre and said that she'd love it. Perfect!!



These are the little hearts that got done yesterday.   I have quite a stash prepped so they will be an easy go to for a change.


I am waiting on some squishy mail and it seems to be taking forever!  It seems it's either quick as a flash or slow as a snail. 

Well off to glue down some applique bits. No new 9 patches to add to the tally this week maybe tomorrow when I am home from work.


happy stitching

Marina


9 comments:

  1. Wonderful applique quilt. Was so nice meeting and chatting with you at the zoom party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring Bouquet is gorgeous. Love those little hearts. It was lovely to chat yesterday. I'm going to find that hexie bag pattern now. After seeing your lovely bag I want to make one now. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hhmm. Wished I was your sister in law.... 😂
    So pleased you could join in.... Lovely projects on the go. How many hearts are you needing to make...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work Marina, that quilt is outstanding...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was lovely to see you at Chookys zoom party Marina, was a good day. Your hearts are beautiful and the quilt you are working on is stunning. That will be a wonderful 0 birthday present.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your applique is beautiful. I am pleased you had some time for your sewing. I figured work would be crazy on return. So much to do to fit into only a few weeks. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spring bouquet is gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! That quilt is a stunner! Its hard to dive right in to crazy busy when you've had a break. Lovely to see little hearts too xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was a lovely day zooming with you and others! The projects you are working on are just gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thursday happiness

 It's a lovely Anzac day holiday today and I am hoping to get some time to prep some blocks for my Blooms quilt as I have run out of pre...