Thursday 24 September 2020

Squishies and sewing!

 A squishy parcel was waiting for me yesterday when I came home from taking mum to an appointment.  It was the fabrics I ordered for my Basket case quilt.  I got stuck into it yesterday afternoon and cut out the little baskets. Last night I sorted through my stash to find fabrics to co ordinate with the Baskets.

This afternoon's session I spent tracing and cutting. I can't wait to start stitching.

As I recently depleted my prepared stash of hearts to be appliqued I stocked up on a few of those from the scraps I made cutting baskets. Just need to cut some background fabric and they are ready to rumble...


The days are flying by as they tend to do at the moment but am happily finding lots of time to spend in the sewing cave.

Happy days

Marina

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely bundle that is. Glad it turned up in time to let you use it over the break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful fabrics for your baskets and how organised are you cutting the hearts from the scraps ready to sew later...Have fun...

    ReplyDelete
  3. what fun... I do love this latest Tilda range.. so many beauties in it... and lovely fine fabric too
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful fabric that has arrived Marina, nothing better than a squishy parcel. Your hearts are lovely, nice to see your new fabrics in two projects. Looking forward to seeing the baskets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a lovely collection of fabrics. Happy sewing. xx

    ReplyDelete

What is new....

 Now that a few projects have been completed and delegated to different quilters I can share my new projects. It was not easy finding the in...