Monday 21 September 2020

Oh Scrap

 There has been some lovely time spent playing with scraps! After working on the Farm Sweet Farm blocks I felt inspired to check out my scrap tins. A few years ago I decided that small pieces of fabric would be cut down to either 1 1/2 or 2 1/2 sized blocks. The 1 1/2" would one day become scrappy nine patch blocks. The coloured 2 1/2" blocks have become little hearts and plain light fabrics their backing.

Both collections are still being added to and will for some time but it was time to sew some of the nine patch blocks and also to add completed heart blocks to the piece already pieced.

I found it more enjoyable that I thought I would as machine piecing isn't my favourite thing to do.


OOps about that thread photo bombing!



Next task will be trimming, pressing and pinning these babies..


Happy Sewing

Marina


5 comments:

  1. I thought the little 9 patches were gorgeous but oh those hearts! Stunning. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of small blocks to play with... all the hearts do look lovely together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hearts are gorgeous, love the 9 patch blocks. Many years back I chopped up all my scraps into usable squares of various sizes. I was thinking postage stamp for my 1-1/2" but maybe 9 patch would suit me better. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. your scrap projects are just gorgeous.... love them... sometimes repetitive piecing can be quite calming (when the seams join that is!)
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great combination. The hearts are so sweet on the blocks. Delightful.

    ReplyDelete

Thursday happiness

 It's a lovely Anzac day holiday today and I am hoping to get some time to prep some blocks for my Blooms quilt as I have run out of pre...