Saturday 26 September 2020

A week of Saturdays

 At the moment everyday seems like a Saturday, but today it's the real one.

It's been busier than a beehive in spring here and baskets are cropping up everywhere. All the backgrounds have been cut after some dramas, and all the baskets are cut too.

I had wanted to add some white and cream backgrounds with grey but it just didn't look right to me so I went with a creamy background but as I was cutting I ran out of fabric so had to add a second choice and just got the remaining blocks out of the piece. Both were left overs from other projects and there will be some creative juggling once they need to come together.

Four blocks completed so far.... and I am pretty happy with them.

oops pardon the foot in the corner 

thought I would share some pin cushions  I made last year as gifts for crafty friends...
I love Pincushions and have way more than I need but it's nice to make them for others.



As you know Maisie was my Cat Scanner of quilts and when she passed it left a position to be filled. Miss Poppy seems to have stepped up to the mark and is the Queen of comfort!
She loves to check out a nice quilt whether it's in progress or giving it a test run once finished and don't even talk about crocheted blankets...







Here is another nighty that I completed for our precious little girl. I started it around 20 years ago and it just needed buttons and little extra embroidery.  Below it are some little singlets I spruced up for her too.






Sun is shining in between clouds and rain so I hope to make the most of those breaks in the weather.
Happy days!


Hope you have reason to smile today!



Marina




6 comments:

  1. Lovely Baskets and beautiful dresdans pincushions.
    Love the photos of Poppy, my Jack Russell "Lacy" loves to snuggle under quilts and rugs...
    Such a sweet nightie and cute singlets...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those baskets. That is going to be a lovely quilt.
    I think the pin cushions will be great gifts. A lovely thought.
    Poppy looks like a perfect quilt checker. It is a job that needs doing.
    Beautiful work on the clothing. You really have been enjoying all of that special sewing! And why not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yoiur baskets are lovely.. you certainly didn't let the tilda sit for stroking for long! I love the fabrics you have matched them up too as well... perfect.... well you were preparing early with that nightie for little darling! haha... I love it.... well done Poppy with checking everything is A ok..... pat pat from me
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your little baskets! sweet sewing for the little one...cute pup! love that sunflower at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful baskets Marina, thank goodness you had enough fabric! I have always admired your pincushions 😀 the night and singlets are super cute, your grandaughter is going to be the best dressed young lady. Poppy is so cute, she knows the best place to be and is obviously a huge fan of the crochet blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poppy is taking the job very seriously! So cute! Love your baskets and also the pretty pincushions....beautiful gifts. Your sweet little girl is going to be the best dressed with all those lovelies xx

    ReplyDelete

Thursday happiness

 It's a lovely Anzac day holiday today and I am hoping to get some time to prep some blocks for my Blooms quilt as I have run out of pre...