Sunday 20 September 2020

it's holiday time

 School holidays are here in Victoria though there isn't much difference to the past few weeks except for the fact I won't have to work from home and won't even get to go to work for my one day on site.

It has been great to go to work, a luxury in these lockdown times. An opportunity to see some work colleagues and interact with different people.

I am going to treat myself and start my basket case quilt. I have all the background fabrics now and I made an impulse by of some Tilda fat 1/8s for the baskets.  Hopefully that won't take two weeks to arrive by mail or it will not get to be my holiday project.

This weekend the little smocked dresses got finished completely and I can't wait for them to go to the little girls they were made for.




I got some very productive time in the sewing room this afternoon.  The latest border for Spring Bouquet has had lots of new applique pieces glued down. My plan is to get it done by the end of this month then next month's goal will be to complete the fourth border.

A neglected project has been my Farm Sweet Farm quilt top. The top and bottom row of pieced blocks needs to be done and I had entertained the thought of giving them a miss and just putting an outer border but fired up and made a start on the remaining blocks. Chain piecing them seems the easy option so the centres got done first. Only 5 more to do and I am on the home stretch...


Hope your weekend has been crafty


marina



8 comments:

  1. I love those sweet smocked dresses ... lucky little girls who'll receive them....
    The farm quilt is looking nice and colourful..
    Hope your fabrics arrive in time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your little 9 patches, so bright and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the smocked dresses, they are beautiful. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its definitely a strange time for folks work wise. The little dresses are gorgeous. Your prep work looks great xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely to be out.... exciting to go to work! love the little dresses, just gorgeous work and well done with the pieced blocks... seems there is a lot there.... yay for a new project...woohoo...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dresses are beautiful Marina, can't wait to see the little girls in them. Lovely blocks, enjoy the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dresses are absolutely gorgeous. Your smocking is beautiful. Lucky little girls!
    Good luck with your other projects and I do hope your fabric arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such gorgeous little dresses. Enjoy your holidays and I hope the fabrics arrivein time. xx

    ReplyDelete

nearly all done

Holidays are over sadly but it's been a great week for labels and binding with some finishes to tick off the list. Basket case is a big ...