Wednesday 16 September 2020

Midweek musings

Another wednesday in lockdown has arrived and looks like there will be a few more to come.
A little pick me up arrived today in the form of a squishy package.  I had ordered some fabric for my latest basket quilt at the start of the month but with the post the way it is at the moment, It finally arrived today. (the top and bottom fabrics)
I now have a lovely stash just waiting to be cut into... the grey spotted fabric on the bottom will be for the outer borders and the others will make up the centre basket blocks. Can't wait to cut into these... but need to finish off those little dresses first. School holidays coming up so there will be time to start then.


Here are a few more of some mini's I made to use up some of my Liberty fabric leftovers...and some backing fabric leftovers too. Win win!

Add caption

I love this pattern and have made one in reds as a gift but the liberty fabrics go quite well too. I must make myself one, one day...

There are a few more to be revealed once they arrive at their destinations.
I just wanted to share a picture of one of my orchids. I have two the same that have been resurrected after not flowering for many years. They are both yellow and the flowers are smaller than they should be but each year they are 'less yellow' and a little bigger. As far as flowering they are going great guns with at least 10 spikes on each one. Gotta be happy about that.


This is a picture of my 'co-workers' for today! As you can see they are flat out.......but not working lol


Hope everyone is having a great week so far!

cheers
Marina

7 comments:

  1. lovely squishy of fabrics...
    Beautiful minis made with liberties..
    Gorgeous orchids.
    And what a cute photo of your helpers...
    I think they need a bigger bed......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness for squishies in the mail box.. a lovely base for your baskets. YOur mini's are just lovely and great to use up some of those smaller special fabrics. What lovely orchids... such a happy colour... your co-workers must be enjoying having you at home so much...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your minis using the Liberty fabric are beautiful Marina. Love the pot and flowers, I think I remember pears from a while back, maybe Anne was making them or one of the other Melbourne Girls? The orchid is beautiful, what is the secret to getting them to flower, I have a few outside and they are not happy, the inside ones keep flowering so are ok. Lovely to see your co workers, they are happy to be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to say lovely fabric selection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is lovely mail. Your Liberty minis are gorgeous....lucky recipients! How beautiful is you orchid also. Oh dear good help is hard to come by these days lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely fabrics. Soft and delicate.
    Gorgeous work on your minis. You have found lovely ways to use your fabrics.
    The orchids look great. It has been a great year for them as all seem to be blooming beautifully.
    Enjoy your stitching and let's hope we get to expand our world soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thursday happiness

 It's a lovely Anzac day holiday today and I am hoping to get some time to prep some blocks for my Blooms quilt as I have run out of pre...