Monday 28 September 2020

semi big finish!

 This morning I added the final rows of pieced blocks to my farm sweet farm quilt.

All those little pieced blocks finally got done!  It just needs the outer border but that will have to wait till our lockdown is lifted and I can visit a fabric store to pick fabrics.

While prepping the blocks to sew into rows I noticed that on two of them one corner block was back to front (the polka dot) I resolved to leave it as it is,  imperfection isn't a fault but after ten minutes of trying to convince myself of this I had to unpick the two uncompliant squares and sew them the correct way.  I suppose if you know you can't live with it don't pretend  lol

Here we go... be warned there are lots of photos...









I really love this quilt and it has turned out quite large. 

Happy days!


Marina


9 comments:

  1. Your quilt is wonderful! Well done! I do the same.....try and tell myself that I can live with the mistake but never can lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your quilt. It's wonderful. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous quilt and I would also have to fix the blocks...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lot of beautiful work! It's lovley and what a great design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is stunning Marina, so much detail and lots to look at. Love the little bee. You should be very proud of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow Marina, that is so gorgeous and your work just makes it more so... I agree, fix it if it's going to annoy you.... you would always see it.... fabulous work
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blocks look great. Yes, I would have to unpick and sew again, too. It would always bother me.
    But it is worth it and didn't take too long?
    Good luck choosing the borders.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love your farm quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous!!!! I love it. Your fabric choices were great and I love the mixture of applique and piecing. Is this a Lori Holt pattern?

    ReplyDelete

Thursday happiness

 It's a lovely Anzac day holiday today and I am hoping to get some time to prep some blocks for my Blooms quilt as I have run out of pre...