Saturday 22 August 2020

May Gibbs loving

 well don't know if you're ready for another post so soon....

I had a zoom catch up with sewing girls that I usually see every few months but with lock down that hasn't happened for what seems like ages. Others that joined the zoom get together I haven't seen for even longer. I have taken this photo from our facebook group and unfortunately a few had already signed off.  We usually meet at Gisborne Patch and Quilt so I put a photo of the shop as my background for the meeting. Just wish I could have done some shopping lol


It felt good to see everyone's faces and have a chat. I hadn't realised how much I had missed my crafty get togethers.

There a quite a few photos so brace yourselves...

I Saw some May Gibbs fabric online and decided I had to have some to make a quilt for the then future baby.   I had gifted the new parents two May Gibbs books that I had bought when my boys were babies so the quilt was a perfect addition. I won't finish it off just yet, it will be a gift for her first birthday.

The top is complete though...

these are just a few of my favourite blocks.






I also got Celebrating Mary Brown custom quilted by Leanne Kaufmann who has worked her magic on a few of my quilts. It has turned out beautifully.

It's a little too big to get all of it in one photo and it would take a body builder to hold it up   So much beautiful detail in the quilting.


Well hope your weekend is including lots of crafting...

Happy days


Marina


14 comments:

  1. I do love your May Gibbs quilt, perfect way to display the beautiful pictures and of course your new quilt is just stunning...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been using your isolation brilliantly. Enjoyed the catch up yesterday. Not quite the same but we are modern girls and happy to accept any challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed our catch up yesterday. A very special quilt for a very special girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never too soon for another post Marina!! Your May Gibbs quilt is beautiful, love the blocks you showed. The quilting on your Mary Brown is Stunning, you have made a gorgeous quilt. Great to see the girls in your catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you have used the May Gibbs fabrics in your quilt blocks. That is a delightful result with the quilt.
    And your Mary Brown quilt is amazing. What a wonderful finish. So much work and tiny details in that one. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that May Gibbs fabric..might have to find some for me, so cute! and that quilt is stunning, beautiful quilting, quite an heirloom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quilter has done a wonderful job on Mary Brown - stunning. Good to catch up with friends. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. May Gibbsis such a favourite. Your quilt is so beautiful and will be lovely to snuggle under and read the books. Your Mary Brown quilt is a work of art....gorgeous! Lovely to catch up with friends whichever way you can xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I Love May Gibbs, the fabric you found is lovely and your quilt top is gorgeous, love how you've highlighted the pictures. I used May Gibbs fabric to back and bind an embroidered blanket for my nephew 24 years ago...timeless. Mary Brown is beautiful...the quilting compliments your gorgeous applique perfectly. Nice you got to have a Zoomy catch-up, shame that shop background is only virtual and you couldn't pat the fabrics...

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's great catching up on Zoom. I see Jo is one of your group!
    Your May Gibbs Quilt is sew cute.
    Leanne has done an amazing job of quilting your stunning Mary Brown Quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Mary Brown quilt is beautiful, really love it. Mine has been abandoned for the time being, might get back to it one day. The May Gibbs quilt is very pretty, lovely for a little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your May Gibbs quilt. So beautiful. Mary Brown is stunning. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mary brown is stunning love your fabrics, very cute May Gibbs quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i sure have missed all my sewing retreat opportunities and feel so isloated at times just being where I am......its not like I can even wave at the neighrbours over the fence......its work and home repeat.......ive done some zoom sewing sessions and it's been wonderful.......
    Love what you did with the gumnut babies......and wow the quilting on the big quilt is just beautiful.......really finishes it off.....

    ReplyDelete

nearly all done

Holidays are over sadly but it's been a great week for labels and binding with some finishes to tick off the list. Basket case is a big ...