Thursday 20 August 2020

Get ready for some pics...

 Here we go with another post....

These are the photos I had wanted to share the other day... I may have worked out my photo issues

This is my Liberty Dresden quilt. A little indulgence for me and a great project to have as a portable hand piecing project.

I am hoping to hand quilt with a very thin wadding.


Before we knew there was going to be a new addition to our family I had really wanted to make Lori Holt's Farm sweet Farm quilt. I only have two rows of the pieced blocks to do to complete the top. The piecing is always where I seem to stumble but as there is no  hurry it is patiently waiting to be finished.
I have worked out how to upload photos to google pics where they can be edited! Hooray that is going to make it so much easier. 
Here goes....
row 1 are the first 3 pics.


bottom row left


middle row centre block



bottom row centre block


bottom row right block

bottom row left block


I'll just cram in one more photo of the quilt I made for our little princess. 
The pattern is Milestone quilt by Melly and Me.  As I wanted to needleturn applique most of the pieces the numbers and letters would have been too difficult so I used black wool felt and it worked a treat.
The arrow and round bear outline are perspex that came with the pattern. Great idea!





Well that is a photo overload so I'll leave it there for tonight..
Hope you enjoyed seeing them and I 'll be back soon to show more of what I've been up to.

thanks for hanging in there 
cheers
Marina

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos of an amazing quilt Marina. Lovely to see, good to hear you have solved your photo issues. The milestone quilt is stunning too. You can never have too many photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh I love how you are doing that LH quilt... love the colours and fabrics and of course your needleturn is just amazing.... love the Dresdens too adn it will be perfect handquilted. YOu know I adore the milestone quilt... just a wonderful idea

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the dresden plate quilt, one of my favourite designs, it looks amazing in Liberties, love those dotty centres!
    Lori Holts patterns are so detailed, that is going to be one amazing quilt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Liberty project and the LH farm quilt is gorgeous with precise needleturn.
    Great milestone quilt....

    ReplyDelete
  5. ❤️❤️❤️ so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Dresden quilt - gorgeous! Great farm blocks too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving your liberty quilt, so soft and sweet. Great first quilt for the wee grandiegirl. Looking forward to seeing Farm Sweet Farm as a top, the blocks are such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The liberty print dresden quilt is delightful So pretty.
    And I adore the farm quilt. That is wonderful. So gorgeous for a little one.
    The milestone quilt is perfect. Great way to use the black felt. It would have been very tricky otherwise.
    Lovely work all round.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved seeing what you have been sewing....love it all! The baby quilt is adorable! The Dresden will be lovely hand quilted xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. the quilts are lovely I especially like the farm one you are making....

    ReplyDelete

nearly all done

Holidays are over sadly but it's been a great week for labels and binding with some finishes to tick off the list. Basket case is a big ...