Tuesday 25 August 2020

Okehampton

Over the past months after a lot of stalling I got back to my Okehampton quilt. Attaching the clamshell borders was very challenging for me but I stuck at it and it seems to have worked out ok. 

This has been a challenging quilt in lots of ways and I am so happy it didn't get the better of me.

I loved the quilt the first time I saw the original at a quilt show a few years ago and I still love it now.

It just needs to have the clamshell basting threads removed and be quilted but there is no hurry.

After finishing this lovely and Mary Brown I had hoped to make a dent in my reproduction stash, you can laugh out loud at anytime! Needless to say I could make another couple of quilts before I would run out. Luckily I am using them for the Spring Bouquet quilt and also a project I have in mind to start very soon...... just have to finish some secret sewing!



Today I got this cute woolly jumper in the mail from a work colleague. She makes these to order and has a large selection of pictures to personalise them. With the profits she makes generous donations to various dog charities.
If anyone is interested she has a facebook page 'woolies for woofers'.


Snug as a foxy in a fox jumper!


Happy sewing

Marina


8 comments:

  1. Another amazing finish Marina.
    Poppy jacket is gorgeous.. I'll check out your friend's page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Okehampton top is so beautiful. Cute puppy jumper for Poppy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is stunning. I don't think our stashes will ever run out.
    Poppy looks very fashionable and cozy ... will pop over and check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okehampton is just totally stunning.... as your normal high quality style (I might add). REally gorgeous. Poppy is looking a real foxy lady in her stylish jumper...
    HUgz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okehampton is beautiful Marina, so much work in it! The clamshells look amazing!
    Poppy is so cute in her special jumper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww Poppy looks so cute in her special jumper. Okehampton is a triumph Marina....love it....so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okehampton is gorgeous! I love the combination of styles - wow, all those clamshells! Its years since I made andy and I keep thinking I must. Maybe soon... xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great finish. It looks lovely. The clam shells in the border look amazing and were well with the effort.
    Love the dog jumper too - super cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thursday happiness

 It's a lovely Anzac day holiday today and I am hoping to get some time to prep some blocks for my Blooms quilt as I have run out of pre...