Wednesday, 16 September 2026

Craft and quilt show


Saturday I ventured into the city to check out hte Craft and Quilt show at Jeff's shed.

It has been years since I have made the trip as when I last went I found it quite disappointing and I must say the feeling was the same this time. There were only about half the amount of traders from what I remember, definitely not like in it's heyday. Sadly I did not find anything from the traders to tempt me and my account balance was intact.  

The quilts on display were beautiful and there was a lovely selection of styles.  I found a few that were definitely in my wheelhouse and some amazingly beautiful workmanship. I only got a few photos as my phone wasn't fully charged and I didn't want to get stuck in the city with a flat phone.

Here are the few pics I took...

 These mini's were absolutely Amazing! by the same quilter.



these incredible dresden plates were about the size of a 50 cent piece! incredible





 

On the craft front, I managed to finish two ginger Jar blocks.




Happy days

Marina



6 comments:

  1. Wow!! Those miniatures! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the photos from the arts and crafts market. The quilts you photographed are all beautiful, and I am absolutely thrilled with the first mini-quilt.
    The appliqués are fantastic, too, of course.
    Congratulations on your first two blocks. As I mentioned before, I really like the combination of fabrics.
    I wish you continue to enjoy the process.
    Warm regards.
    Viola

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You found some stunning quilts to photograph, thank you for sharing. I do like your ginger jars. Blogger has not been showing me your posts so I am about to go backwards in time! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh your jars are looking amazing... I want to do mine!!! how are you finding the woven fabric, I seem to remember its nice to work with and forgiving. lovely to see the quilts, it's always my favourite part of a show.
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely quilts at the show. I have been finding going to craft show to be disappointing. I'll miss a few years, go back hoping for the best but come away thinking i shouldn't bothered though the quilts are usually lovely to look at. :) Love your ginger jars. Blogger is having a fit. I don't see current posts from anyone, i have to run down my list & visit to see if any new posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your jars Marina, they look amazing. So many beautiful quilts at the show!

    ReplyDelete

just like that.....

 Well just like that the school holidays have come and gone. I feel I had a lot of things booked in, either running around for mum, brunches...