Tuesday, 4 August 2026

new things

 In one of my earlier posts I eluded to the big changes that have happened in my world.

One of those things was changing workplace after 9 years at the same school. I have left a great bunch of work mates and I do miss them terrible but sometimes you have to be the change.

I have been gone nearly two months and although not regretting the change I am feeling the loss of the people. People that know you well, your family life and your work life, your sense of humour and your emotions.  My new workplace has a lovely team and I have felt welcomed but they don't know me. I hope they will eventually

I had an amazing send off from my work colleagues and I thought I'd share some of the festivities here too.

The theme they went with was 'so long, farewell' and I think you can guess where this is heading......


This was my work desk and the theme song for the day was the So long, farewell song from the Sound of Music. So many emotions....



 I think I make a good Maria, even if my  head is a little large lol


These are my team- don't know how I got to be the boy with the high voice in this pic?

biscuits and cakes courtesy of my work bestie.




these were a belated gift from my boss....


And of course some sewing... I am plowing through these stitcheries and enjoying them a lot. Fiona from Bubzrugs realised she has this stitchery panel and has decided to stitch hers up too. She is going with the snow globes theme also and I can't wait to see her spin on this idea.
Latest stitchery ready to get stitched down.

First row done! it's coming together fast



It's hellebore time again and earlier this year I dug mine up and put them back into pots where I could keep a better eye on them, as they were pretty miserable in the ground where I planted them and I've been rewarded with healthier plants and some lovely blooms.
Unfortunately the aphids are loving them too but I am trying to keep them at bay without chemicals as sometimes sprays damage the flowers or foliage.
I think they are such pretty flowers, for some reason they turn green once they start to fade! there you go.



thanks for making it this far....


Have a great week

Marina

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

new things

 In one of my earlier posts I eluded to the big changes that have happened in my world. One of those things was changing workplace after 9 y...