Friday 5 April 2024

April sneaking in

 Wow, April here you are... 

First week of the holidays is nearly over and what is there to show for it...

A lovely friend has purchased a quilting machine and offered to practice on a few quilts if I was happy to provide them. It is an offer too good to refuse.

They have been waiting to have the binding sewn down on them and then lo and behold I got a call from my local quilt shop that my two quilts were done and ready for collection.

The last two need to have the binding sewn on and down but here is the completed quilt...


I love a rolled up quilt showing off the binding.  The quilt underneath is one of the ones from the quilters.




the quilting design from the back.


This quilt has already been earmarked for a precious great great niece that is due in August. I hope her mum will like it.
I guess I'll be sewing binding for the next few days!

Happy days

Marina



4 comments:

  1. How gorgeous are both your quilts.... I'm sure gg nieces mum will love it... Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very cute quilt. Lovely quilting too. Why is it holidays always.go to fast lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Aussie quilt is great. It has come up so well. And lovely quilting, too.
    Funny how they all come at once. But it is lovely to have them back all quilted and ready for a finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like you got a bit done in the 1st week of hols........I do love so see the quilt rolled up like that also............

    ReplyDelete

Thursday happiness

 It's a lovely Anzac day holiday today and I am hoping to get some time to prep some blocks for my Blooms quilt as I have run out of pre...