Thursday 28 March 2024

What is new....

 Now that a few projects have been completed and delegated to different quilters I can share my new projects.

It was not easy finding the inspiration for a new project. I went through the projects waiting to be started and found a pattern that I had really loved and was keen to do. With everything I need at hand (after a little retail therapy) I was off and running.

this lovely pattern is by Irene Blanck, named Orange Sherbet. It was a project in an English patchwork magazine a few years ago and I was so keen to have it I subscribed to the magazine to get the pattern. That's why the pattern is just printed on paper. Irene has since put the pattern for sale on her website if you're tempted. I was very keen to use the same background fabrics as she used and it took some internet searching to find them, luckily at a couple of my favourite on line stores.


I started with the orange flowers and went with a mottled brown dot for the flower centres.
Tried my best to be as accurate as possible with the tracing on the back grounds and the flower petals. I think it paid off. Sometimes I can be a bit slapdash but this project won't be too forgiving I feel so it's slow and steady for me.



This week past I cut out the flowers for the centre blocks.  Here is one I tried out to see how the colours sat for me. I must admit I have toned the colours down a little bit, but they suit me so I am happy with them so far.

 


Second new start is another Irene design. Little Blooms.
In the pattern the flowers are pieced together like epp but one whole piece suits my purposes better.
Its always fun dipping into different fabrics to put a scrappy top together. Luckily I had quite a few background fabrics in my stash and it feels great to be using them.



Happy days as school holidays have arrived!

Two quilts have the binding to be sewn down, definitely on the holiday to do list.

some more applique to be done with some revisiting of projects on the go.


Cheers for now


Marina


PS thankyou to Suzanne and other commenters for your kind words. I couldn't reply to your comments so will do so here. Thanks

8 comments:

  1. Two lovely new projects which you are already making good progress on. Little Blooms would make a great RSC project. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely new projects. Your fabrics are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious new projects Marina. Love the colours you have chosen xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful new projects Marina, great colours, enjoy the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These two new projects are delightful.
    I love those orange flowers in the first one and the block looks great.
    And all the pots is little blooms are gorgeous, too.
    These are going to look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful fabrics and great projects.
    I wish you much joy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous projects, and lovely fabrics, will enjoy watching these grow...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marina, they are both so so so beautiful!!! I am always so inspired by you. Those flowers in the pot and vases done on different low volume backgrouds - oh boy - they are screaming at me to make them!

    ReplyDelete

Thursday happiness

 It's a lovely Anzac day holiday today and I am hoping to get some time to prep some blocks for my Blooms quilt as I have run out of pre...