Saturday 23 March 2024

Long time between drinks.....

 Well it has been awhile. Life has been happening and thankfully crafting too.  It's a lazy Saturday and I felt it's about time to pay some attention to my neglected blog and update my crafting projects on here as I do like to chronicle them here.

I have been visiting my usual blogs but as they authors are mostly on instagram too it's easy to comment there. I do feel I've missed my blog too.

There have been some finishes here which you know means some starts. Gotta be happy about that.

Here are some progress pics 


Nine Owl and Hare stitcheries applied to my dresden top and is now at the quilters. I must say I really loved doing these stitcheries. 









Who's who in the zoo now just needs to have some borders done...... my least favourite part of a quilt.
My aussie animals top is done, finished differently to the pattern but that's the way I tend to roll.
A friend has kindly quilted it for me as a practice quilt as she is new to machine quilting.
and my hometown tilda quilt is done too again completed differently to the pattern.
Here is the progress on my little Kathy Schmitz stitcheries. I need to cut some more blades for the dresdens shortly as I have nearly completed those I had prepared. All the stitcheries are completed that I need for this project as are the backgrounds.
Looks like Dresdens have become a little obsession of mine. 


Well today I hope to get the binding sewn on the two quilted tops so that they can be called a complete finish.

Hope this post is not too photo heavy and that there are still visitors to my little blog.

Perhaps next time I can share my new projects!


Happy days

Marina



10 comments:

  1. I am always happy to see a blog post from you and love your work! Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. One visitor here at least! Love your Owl and Hare stitcheries, so much work and lots of fun as are your animal tops. The Tilda is just beautiful and I do like the varied backgrounds of your new Dresden project. Great catch up, thank you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great catch up post. Love all of those stitchery blocks. The zoo and Aussie quilts are looking great too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to see you back blogging Marina. Your quilts and blocks are stunning, love the words on the home stitchery. Well done on the near finishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the O & H stitcheries paired with the Dresdens. So much to love in your post Marina xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many fabulous quilts and close to the end too... your fingers have been busy sewing. Your work is inspiring.... love them all...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you have not been letting the grass grow under your feet. You have some wonderful finishes.
    The owl and hare blocks are lovely. Such gorgeous stitcheries.
    I love both the zoo quilt and the aussie quilt. They are such fun and yours are looking great
    Hometown is stunning. Beautiful colours.
    And of course the Kathy S blocks are wonderful, too. They are a little addictive.
    You sure have been productive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess I should follow you on Instagram. I should Instagram myself, but I so much prefer the way I can tell my story on a blog much better.
    Your work is just so inspiring. The centers of those dresdons are unreal with so much lovely detail!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy to see you posting...... Lots of beautiful quilts on the go.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. sorry me again.......read it on my phone the first time........the dresdan plates are gorgeous........

    ReplyDelete

Thursday happiness

 It's a lovely Anzac day holiday today and I am hoping to get some time to prep some blocks for my Blooms quilt as I have run out of pre...