Tuesday 14 November 2023

Time is flying....

 Seems like my blog has become a little neglected again, this doesn't mean a lack of crafting though.

Progress has been achieved on most of my ongoing projects I'm happy to say though not has quickly as I would like. Just need more hours in the day I'm afraid.

Latest row of the zoo quilt has been done, a plan has been hatched and implemented for the sweet Kathy Schmitz stitcheries and that has involved some fabric hunting, one of my favourite sports. Would you like to see ?



I am using up leftover background fabrics and also my small stash of leftover Liberty fabrics. I did need to do some buying to add to my stash as it didn't have enough variety. Thankfully GJ's sell and cut down to a 25"square so this was not an exorbitant expense and I could pick lots of styles. These dresdens were left over from a quilt I made a little while ago that I ended up gifting to a lovely work friend. Now I will get a version to keep-well that is the plan lol.

So it seems this is becoming a real leftovers quilt, you have to feel good about that.

A peek at some of the later stitcheries that were completed....






Christmas has been on my mind too..
This little pillow got finished. Poor thing was the last of the set that was just hidden in a drawer. But he's done now and ready for Christmas.


 



I got to go to a lovely sit and sew day at Kilmore quilters and there was a little retail therapy had.
This little ornament kit came home with me and was completed in my Festive flurry. There were plans to make more but I think this will do for now.


Well that is it for me for now.
Hopefully I will not leave it so long to make a post. 
Next post I will share the updates on my zoo quilt and Tilda quilt. Both are on the home stretch.

Happy days

Marina


PS stay tuned for some Elf antics as the time is drawing near for their arrival!!
There have been some new purchases for this year's antics. I think I really need an intervention lol.

Take care.












7 comments:

  1. The dresdens/stitcheries are so pretty. Love your Christmas finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blocks, such pretty stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pretty Dresdens are perfect to show off your lovely embroideries. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Kathy Schmitz stitcheries are so cute Marina and they look really lovely in the dresdens. Your Christmas stitcheries/makes are also very cute....I love that Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, those dresdens with stitcheries are just lovely.... I think your plan is just perfect. So looking forward to what your elves get up to this year.....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stitcheries in the dresdens look beautiful Marina - Great Santa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a wonderful way to use the stitcheries. The blocks look great. Glad you could buy small pieces to use.
    And your Christmas projects are lovely, too.
    (Karen, Sunburnt Quilts)

    ReplyDelete

Thursday happiness

 It's a lovely Anzac day holiday today and I am hoping to get some time to prep some blocks for my Blooms quilt as I have run out of pre...