Wednesday 28 June 2023

on target

 I am feeling pretty happy that slowly I am ticking things off my list of UFO's.

My scrappy 9 patch is done. I am hoping to hand quilt this one.




the red Scrappy 9 patch top is moving towards a finish too. This is the layout I have decided on for the outer border. I have completed this first one and sewn it on.



There were some extra trees added to my Christmas quilt and I decided to add a border to pad out the size a little more. The border fabric will also be the backing fabric.
This will hopefully be a hand quilting project.


Updated to do list:

Basket Case - 2 sides of final borders to go  Top completed

9 patch- red and cream outer borders to be done (a few more hexie flowers for the final border to be done) - Borders in progress, one completed

9 patch scrappy top - two borders to go/two done Top Completed

Scrappy hearts quilt - borders to be planned and done

Petite Poche - 4 new  embroidery blocks added to the pile

Who's who at the zoo- half way through applique blocks - Row 4 Prepped

Aussie animals - centre top done, borders to go.

May Gibbs hearts - pick up and go project, need to count completed hearts. wisp - Hearts all appliqued waiting to be sewn together.

Another couple of ticks and I'll feel quite happy to start something new.

Tomorrow I have a friend coming over with a project for me to do the applique on. (I did the applique on her blue and white Laundry Basket quilt). Perfect arrangement as I don't mind applique and I won't have to do all the piecing!

Happy days.


Marina






7 comments:

  1. OH MY OH MY OH MY! Gorgeousness coming from this post. I haven't seen very many 9 patch quilts worth drooling over! Oh yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your scrappy 9-patch, so pretty. The red one is beautiful & love the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like your idea of adding applique borders to your scrappy quilts. The flowers look so pretty and the red swags are going to be lovely too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great progress on your to do list Marina, both 9 patches are beautiful as are the borders you have chosen. You will have lots of hand quilting this/next winter. Beautiful flower, is it a hellebore?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your scrappy 9 patch is looking great. Love the way the borders have turned out.
    And the progress on the red 9 patch is looking wonderful, too. Great fabric combinations.
    I can't wait to see the trees all come together.
    And the flower is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a treat to see all your beautiful quilts....hard to choose a favourite xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats on finished your scrappy nine patch..........looks good..........

    ReplyDelete

Thursday happiness

 It's a lovely Anzac day holiday today and I am hoping to get some time to prep some blocks for my Blooms quilt as I have run out of pre...