Sunday 7 August 2022

One tick and a rescue

Yesterday morning I put the final stitches in 'Kim's quilt' applique border. It is a big tick off my list but now I need to check what I will work on next.

I loved working with the beautiful blues and it can now go back home to be quilted.


Last night I joined Chiooky and some other lovely ladies for a zoom sit and sew.  It's always lovely to see what everyone is working on as we sit and chat. I decided to work on the binding for my Rescue quilt and got it all done .
I had found this top in hard rubbish collection pile which had been in the rain all day. I just had to take it home. Unfortunately some of the colours had bled and didn't wash out but it was still worthy of a finish. I was debating about soaking the quilt in No  run to try to get the bleeds out but I think I will let it go for now as they aren't that noticeable when you look at the big picture.
I don't think it was made that long ago as I have some of the light colour fabrics in my collection that I bought in the last 5 years. So many little pieces!




Now I get to chose the  next project to work on!
Happy sewing 

Marina




11 comments:

  1. Magnifico... the blue quilt is lovely and your needleturn applique edging just finishes it off perfectly.... Good find with the other quilt... it's a bit sad it got thrown out but an excellent rescue and save....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plenty to choose from then! The blue and white is stunning and the owner must be pleased with your additions. How strange to have thrown away such a lot of work and lovely that you have finished it off. Now someone can love it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nicely rescued. It looks like it was worked on by two other people, or maybe someone came back to it after a break as the fabrics seem to change near the bottom. No matter with the addition of your quilting and binding it will keep someone very warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to say, lucky friend to have you finish her applique. It's a beautiful quilt top.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on finishing all the applique, it looks fantastic. The owner will be so happy. I can't believe that quilt was thrown out with the hard rubbish, good on you for rescuing it. Wonder why it wasn't taken to an op shop??

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blue borders are beautiful - your friend is very fortunate you were able to do that for her - and well done on the rescue quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done getting the border finished. I am sure all your lovely work will be appreciated.
    I can't believe someone tossed this quilt out. There are so many places that would have accepted it if offered, and found a way to finish it.
    I am so pleased you rescued it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kims quilt looks beautiful! I shivered when I read that that quilt had been tossed in the rubbish.....oh thank goodness for Marina xx It looks wonderful and it sure tells a story. Happy new project choosing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been a while since I checked out your blog. I've got to visit more often. The blue quilt is absolutely wonderful. . . all that applique! Just so beautiful. I'm glad your were able to rescue the red and cream quilt. Don't you wish you knew the back story on some of these discarded beauties? I can't see any bleeding at all. It looks like a quilt to use and use and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your finished quilt. Your blue quilt with the applique border is very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The border really makes the quilt. Sometimes I forget that and haven't been focusing on pieced or applique' borders for awhile.

    ReplyDelete

Time is flying....

 Seems like my blog has become a little neglected again, this doesn't mean a lack of crafting though. Progress has been achieved on most...