Sunday 16 January 2022

Full of hearts

 the holidays are flying by and only one week left till it is back to the grind!

Crafting is sporadic and it's been a struggle to concentrate on which project to work on so my hearts always seem the go to when I don't know what to do. I made a start on sewing them into sets of four and of course that led to a complete row so I can now know what my dimensions will be.

Looks like this project is still going to be the project I go to for a little bit longer. Ideally it would be great to finish it before I go back to work.


Looking for something to do I decided to start the Attic 24 Crochet along that started last week. I was going to wait but it has been a handy thing to work on when little Princess is having her naps, when I look after her.
By the looks of it so far it is going to be a bright cheery blanket.


Popped into an op shop yesterday to see if I could find any doilies and happened upon this pretty one.
It will make a gorgeous quilt label.







Happy days!!

Marina


10 comments:

  1. The hearts are so sweet Marina - you are using a great variety of fabrics... I hope you manage to get plenty done before you go back to work. I've been tempted by Attic24's latest design too - yours is looking good. Gorgeous doiley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hearts are coming along nicely. Lucy’s latest rug is quite cheerful. Rather like Whitby, which inspired it. One of the more colourful seaside towns in England. That’s a cute Doiley. Well spotted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the hearts! And those handsome dogs! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea using the doiley as a label!! Love how your little hearts are coming along .... First time in ages I don't have a crochet WIP going so perhaps I'll pop over to Lucy's and see about the CAL - I'm about due for a new lap rug ready for when winter hits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the hearts, the quilt will be so pretty. The crochet is lovely. Cute little dog. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The hearts look lovely... are you sewing the blocks together by hand or machine? I love the blanket - if I didn't have blankets already part way I would start it too.... did you get your own yarn or get a kit sent of her colours. questions questions from me... the dogs look very spiff in their bandanas...

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah Marina, your hearts are beautiful! They look great joined together, easy to see why you are drawn to be working on them. The Hydrangeas in your header are lovely too. The crochet blanket is looking good, good idea to pick up and do a bit when you have a little time. That is a gorgeous photo of your girls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. THe little heart project is coming along nicely. I love the scrappy backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The hearts do look lovely stitched together. It is hard to resist trying them out. Good luck getting the extras done.
    And your crochet looks wonderful. I have received my yarn for that one and am itching to start, but have another to be worked on first.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE the hearts - your needleturn is beautiful. And your crochet blanket has such lovely colours - it will definitely be lovely for the colder weather.

    ReplyDelete

Time is flying....

 Seems like my blog has become a little neglected again, this doesn't mean a lack of crafting though. Progress has been achieved on most...