Monday 20 December 2021

at last...

Where have the past weeks gone?
I can't believe the school year has ended and it ended with a bang. The last week of term I definitely earnt my pay. Thankfully it's done and dusted, for now......
I don't seem to have been doing much sewing, just a little crochet using up scraps to make a little doll's pram blanket for my little princess. I don't feel I have had much energy for much else. 
Day one of the holidays today and I hope my mojo will return once I am a little recharged.


Helping to recharge and enhance my serenity Hubby bought me a hammock, something I have wanted for ages. It has a stand so it can be moved around to the best locations.
This afternoon I had a little relax under the trees in the yard and as the breeze was a little fresh I was joined by one of my quilts. I had a lovely little nap surrounded by my babies who slept on the grass near me.
I don't it can get much nicer than that...



The elves enjoyed themselves the last two weeks of work and now are amusing themselves around the house.


Our school had to have a 'circuit breaker lockdown' for two days so the elves had to get back to remote learning.






Yesterday we celebrated our Christmas lunch with our boys as two of them won't be able to make it Christmas day. It was wonderful.
I hope there'll be some sewing to show soon
Hope your christmas preparations are going well.

Happy days

Marina

8 comments:

  1. REst well .... the elves are great fun to see - no wonder you are exhausted keeping them amused!! the hammock is a great idea, and fun to have an early Christmas.... can extend the fun
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cheeky little elves. Such a fun thing to do. Enjoy Christmas and your break. I’m guessing the hammock will have lots of use. Enjoy some stitching when your mojo returns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your crocheted squares will make a cute dolls blanket..
    Lazing in your hammock is a perfect way to spend your leisure time..
    Oh those mischievous Elves sure keep you on your toes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty little squares - perfect for a Princess. A hammock - what a great idea. The elves have had fun. Hope your sewing mojo returns soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours of your crochet. They will be a lovely blanket. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful crochet squares Marina, your princess will love them. Your hammock is perfect, ideal place to recharge the batteries. Your mojo will return when it is ready I am sure. It is fun watching the elves this December.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Catching up again.
    Your elves look like they had a wonderful time. I had a few chuckles as well.
    Those little crochet squares look lovely.
    And I like your idea of having a hammock for relaxing.
    Hope Christmas went well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those squares are going to make a gorgeous blanket. Love your hammock and a nap sounds perfect. Glad you had a lovely family celebration xx

    ReplyDelete

nearly all done

Holidays are over sadly but it's been a great week for labels and binding with some finishes to tick off the list. Basket case is a big ...