Wednesday 14 April 2021

Holiday happiness...

 I'm into the second week of the holidays and it is just flying by. The days have been filled with taking my mum to appointments, some play time with our little princess and a little time with sewing friends too. I wish there were a few more weeks to do everything I want to do!

Crafting has featured heavily and I am enjoying all my projects. Started some new ones and planning some future ones too. Bliss!

Completed and sewed on the first border for my Basket case quilt. The corner blocks for the next border are ready to go and the first one is prepped for stitching.


My farm sweet farm was quilted by Jemima's and is just waiting for the binding.
I may not have chosen wisely with the quilting but I still love it. It doesn't look as busy in real life.



Block 3 of my Flower garden quilt is done. No 4 needing prepping.



Needing a carry around project while waiting for mum at her appointments I took the plunge with these hexies.  I purchased them on line from a lady that sells them already basted. Winner, winner.
They have been hidden in a tin for months but now is their turn to make an appearance too.




Some 9 patch blocks have been put together and they are looking very pretty


Holidays wouldn't be holidays without some retail therapy..... This lovely fat 1/4 bundle was on special at Jemima's and they jumped in my bag... Am developing quite a love for Tilda fabrics.

Okehampton needs to be taken to Leanne's for quilting but I realised I hadn't taken out the basting threads on the clamshells, I am slowly pulling them out.


A work colleague has requested a monster quilt so I have made a start. The pattern will be made slightly differently to the version I am doing for myself. No chore making these monsters they are so much fun.


Happy days!!

Marina


8 comments:

  1. I can always tell how much you enjoy the time on holiday.... I wonder if the leaning towards the Tilda's has anything to do with having a princess around? Beautiful quilts, I think youir quilted one is lovely.... I love the texture and feel of lines and the modern look.... you know i adore your monsters...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many wonderful projects on the go there Marina. That little monster is very cute, your new fabric looks wonderful as do your blocks and hexies, great idea to get them ready to sew together. Your Basket quilt looks lovely, the Farm too and your flower block is stunning. Seems like you need a four week holiday to get a good go at your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely holiday you are having! So much prettiness happening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your basket quilt, such a pretty version.
    must start delving into my scrap baskets and start making a scrappy 9 patch like this, cute monster.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! You are making such good use of your holiday time.The baskets are beautiful and I always love a hexie! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have enjoyed your holidays with lots of beautiful sewing...
    The baskets are lovely and the Farm Quilt looks great...
    Nice flower block, 9 Patch Blocks and the hexies are a good project to work on..

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really are squeezing a lot into your time. So any lovely projects.
    I think your farm quilt looks great. Love the texture the quilting has created.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of beautiful quiltyness......
    Tilda sure is beautiful .......

    ReplyDelete

Time is flying....

 Seems like my blog has become a little neglected again, this doesn't mean a lack of crafting though. Progress has been achieved on most...