Thursday 8 October 2020

back to it....

 It was back to work this week but thankfully working at home today so I can take a break and make a post.

Thought I would share my basket case blocks so far..... 13 done....... 23 to go.  Really enjoying making these.


9 Patch blocks have been growing in number too. I have close to 50 now. I am finding them quick and easy to sew up when I get time to have a sit at the sewing machine.


I have always wanted to make a red and cream quilt and because I am loving these blocks so much I thought it might be good to start another 9 patch project.. Most blocks I find a bit stressful to put together and I get bored easily so 9 patch blocks it is! They are small and easy to handle, no fussy cutting or piecing.  Great to work on whenever I get the time.  So earlier this week I got to it cutting      1 1/2"strips of reds and creams, both of which are quite abundant in my stash.     After all that cutting there is only a small dent in my stash. Once these are used up there is plenty to cut more from.



Happy days!

Marina

7 comments:

  1. Great progress with the sweet Baskets ..
    Nice pile of 9 patch blocks and you'll need many tiny 9 patches for a quilt.. or will they make a border ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are n ow the queen of 9 patches.... they always look great don't they? and I love your baskets... goign well with them....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your litle baskets Marina, they are so cute!! Your nine patches are lovely too ,in both colours. It is great to have then all, cut and ready to sew when you get the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Basketcase is looking great. They are sweet little baskets. Love your ninepatch blocks also.....red/cream always look beautiful together xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The baskets look so good together.
    Great to see the 9 patches growing.
    And I must say that I am partial to the red blocks, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog post was so inspirational. And I love your little basket blocks. They are so sweet! Can you please share the name of the pattern. I would love to make a basketcase quilt too. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nine patch blocks are so simple but always so pretty.....

    ReplyDelete

May is for quilting

 The recent drop in temperatures have inspired me to do some hand quilting. The fact that I can't focus on what project to work on has n...