Friday 11 September 2020

Friday

 Another week has flown. Crafting has been sporadic but there have been a few ticks off the to do list.

Two little fronts got smocked and hopefully this weekend I can get a good start on sewing them together. I am quite happy with them and the only issue I have is that the fabrics were so busy and they take away a little from the smocking but I can feel my stitching improving and getting more even.



Early in the week a good friend celebrated her birthday so I popped her gift in her letterbox on a walk with the furries. A gift card and a mini quilt to celebrate.

I made this in an attempt to use up some of my Liberty leftovers. I got to make a quick project and play with fabrics I enjoy. 


Think I'll leave you with a picture of a Camelia flower from my garden. I have five large bushes in full bloom. The are amazing and add a burst of blooms to the garden. Sadly they don't last too long but we'll enjoy them while they last.

Tomorrow I'll get to catch up with sewing buddies via a zoom meeting. It's not the same as a get together but it will be a nice change from sewing alone at home.

Hope you all have a great weekend



5 comments:

  1. I think your smocking is lovely and they will make pretty dresses.
    Beautiful gift for your friend .
    Gorgeous Camiela for you to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the smocking for the dresses.... beautiful and what a sweet basket mini you made.... I adore camellias though not successful growing them here so far...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful smocking Marina, that is going to be such a pretty dress. Your mini is beautiful too. The camellias are lovely, shame they don't last long, this rain today will knock them too sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The smocking is so pretty!
    And the mini quilt using the liberty leftovers is a gorgeous gift.
    Great to have some colour in the garden. A very pretty pink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful smocking....love your sweet baskets! I envy your gorgeous Camelias...my one and only is a bit sad x

    ReplyDelete

nearly all done

Holidays are over sadly but it's been a great week for labels and binding with some finishes to tick off the list. Basket case is a big ...