Saturday 5 September 2020

Saturday morning

 The weeks are just rolling by...

Secret sewing is finished and winging it's way to it's recipients. Phew now to get back to other stuff.

Second border of Spring Bouquet is almost done. I want to get a wriggle on with this one as I have earmarked it as a gift for my SIL's big 0 birthdayin March next year and I have to allow time for it to be custom quilte. I think I'm on track..


This week I bought a new quilt ladder as the one I have is a little small and it doesn't really display the quilts as well as I would like. New one displays the quilts quite nicely and the old one has been repurposed in my sewing room for completed flimsies.

Here is the new one....

old faithful with flimsies...

 

I had a brainwave yesterday when I was putting my flimsies on the ladder and feeling guilty about the older ones waiting to be quilted.... I thought I would back my liberty dresden top with my clamshell flimsy. Two quilts for the price of one. Still debating this though as I had hoped to handquilt the dresden but if it is backed with the clamshells an overall machine quilting would be better. Hmmmmm need to think this out.

 Decisions, Decisions....

Anyhow... sun is shining for now and my plan is to get that border done and the next one marked out and applique pieces prepped. Might even dabble in some smocking if I get that done.

Happy days....







12 comments:

  1. Brilliant new ladder for your quilts - they look lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that would be two for one quilting...... And see what mods takes you as to which one is on the upside......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new quilt ladder it certainly displays the quilts beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new ladder does display your beautiful quilts perfectly and the smaller ones works well for those lovely flimsys.
    Yes your dresdans will look gorgeous handquilted so you'll need to make two quilts but the clamshells will also look great handquilts...
    Enjoy your smocking !

    ReplyDelete
  5. The two basket quilts look interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh your quilts look so lovely on the ladder. And so do the flimsies.... no need to feel guilty they are a perfectly good decorating item until such time as they need to be a comfort item... the dresdens would be lovely hand quilted?????
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your ladders. I really need to get one or two myself to display my quilts. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both displays look great with the old and the new ladder. It is a lovely way to display your quilts. And having somewhere for the flimsies works well, too.
    I have also considered backing one quilt with another flimsy but have never gone past the thinking stage. I thin I would have to give it to a LAQ as I have no idea how I would line them up properly to do it myself.
    Good luck with that one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Dory saying, I think we are all a bit like that! Your new ladder looks wonderful Marina, good idea putting quilts back to back, you do have some decisions to make! Sounds like you have had a busy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear I am afraid I can relate to Dory hahaha! Love your new ladder and the repurposing of the old....drooling over your beautiful quilts and flimsies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your quilts look beautiful on display ... the ladder is an awesome idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your new quilt ladder does show your quilts off beautifully - and great use of the old ladder too - having your flimsies on show may be motivating too :-) I've been having a bit of a catch up read and am loving all that you are doing. The smocking is delicious (congratulations on the new grand daughter!) and I love all your applique projects too.

    ReplyDelete

What is new....

 Now that a few projects have been completed and delegated to different quilters I can share my new projects. It was not easy finding the in...