Monday 1 July 2019

Celebrating Mary Brown

The weather has not been too great over the weekend and I decided to hibernate a little of the time in my sewing room.
The result was that I managed to put my top together for miss Mary Brown.
I have ordered some more of one of the greens from Threadbear to add a small 1" border then I will add a plain border and a red saw tooth edge, that will point inwards. By the time I have finished the top it will measure pretty much the same as the original. I have booked it in for custom quilting and it is booked in for April next year as the quilter is so busy. I'm happy to wait.
Hopefully Okehampton can see some action now....... after I put the binding on a quilt for a friend.
Have already got something planned for the next project and a pattern should be arriving in the mail soon. I just can't seem to help myself! I think I need someone to organise an intervention.
May as well go for it while I'm on a creating high.

Here she is...

Feeling happy

Cheers
Marina

19 comments:

  1. So you should feel happy!! Well done!! Miss Mary Brown is stunning!! Can't wait to have a close look at her!! Intervention can be organised for you no worries!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful.. how are your dogs going

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just amazing and the saw tooth border will be perfect...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks spectacular Marina!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary Brown looks fantastic put together and if it was mine I'd be happy to wait till April to have it custom quilted ....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing your proposed borders. And you don't need an intervention -- you need gold stars!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just WOW!!! No intervention needed it seems a very healthy addiction to me. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary Brown is gorgeous. Look forward to seeing what you next project is. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH MY!!!... absolutely gorgeous! What an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just beautiful. So you got that pattern ????

    ReplyDelete
  11. Spectacular! Love it! The trouble is.......so many lovelies and not enough time lol! Aiding and abetting up here lol!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really wonderful. I just purchased the pattern and am pleased to find your blog. I, like you, am going to change things around a little. The fabrics you have chosen are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Miss Mary looks beautiful...xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely stunning! I'm not going to be the friend who intervenes. I love what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh My Goodness - Mary Brown is heartstoppingly beautiful!! I just love it - you've made excellent use of your winter hibernation. I'm looking forward to seeing what your new project is!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Marina I have been commenting using my phone and have just discovered that for some reason it doesn't work,I am still travelling for a bit yet,so will comment when I have Internet.
    Wow Mary Brown is such a beautiful quilt and I can see it would've taken many hours,well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. You should be celebrating.... Beautiful

    ReplyDelete

nearly all done

Holidays are over sadly but it's been a great week for labels and binding with some finishes to tick off the list. Basket case is a big ...