Friday 28 June 2019

happy holidays

First week of holidays and it's been a lovely start.
Lots of sewing time and quality four legger time too.
Second last block of Mary Brown is done and dusted and the final block is well under way.


this block isn't actually from Mary Brown it is a favourite from Caswell quilt.
There were a few pieced blocks that were a bit beyond my limits and I chose two Caswell blocks to take their place. When I decided to finish Mary Brown smaller I still had this block ready to go so decided to still include it. It's really pretty I think.


There has been a little retail therapy....courtesy of Threadbear's website and also with some crafty friends to Jemima's.
Some new greens to freshen up my stash.


lovely shirting to add to my stash from Jemima's and a little something new.....
It was a little costly for what it was but sometimes you gotta live a little! The packet only includes the wool felt pieces.

I wanted to share an experimental project... this will be a small throw/blanket. It has a very thin wadding almost like a light flanelette which makes it lovely and soft. Once I quilt it I will bind it and add a crochet border.
I used a special stash of Liberty fabrics that No 2 son gifted me a few years ago.


Sun shining and no working for a few more weeks.... 
Perfect Day.
Happy sewing

Marina

10 comments:

  1. Good to see you are relaxing for your holiday... nothing better than getting some sewing done and a bit of stash enhancement. YOur needleturn blocks are so lovely...what is the plan after Mary Brown? Love the little felt birds - very tweet. And your flutterby's are just perfect for using those special fabrics - going to be gorgeous with the crochet edge...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Those butterflies look so cozy... enjoy your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your fabric choices on Mary Brown and those green shirtings --- YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blocks are pretty. The little felt birds are very cute & love your butterfly quilt. Just gorgeous. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see holiday mode has kicked in. Your blocks are beautiful and I do love your butterflies...enjoy your break x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blocks you chose to substitute for Mary Brown......such a good idea. They will fit right in. I may do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blocks are beautiful Marina, can't wait to see the quilt together. Love the butterflies. Good to hear you are enjoying your break from work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the butterflies and all your Mary Brown blocks. Thanks again for a great day and I did enjoy the trip to Jemima's.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty blocks for MB and nice purchases. I like your butterflies! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice to be on holiday and to have some extra stitching time. Beautiful blocks (and I suspect by the heading of your next post, they are done?!) Great shopping - that's a nice array of greens - and your experimental butterflies looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thursday happiness

 It's a lovely Anzac day holiday today and I am hoping to get some time to prep some blocks for my Blooms quilt as I have run out of pre...