Monday 13 May 2019

days with friends

Saturday was a get together with the fat 1/4 girls at Gisborne Patch and Quilt.
This group has been getting together for quite a few years in different forms, it started off as get togethers at Mill Rose cottage in Ballan.
People have come and gone from the group but thankfully the city girls still like to go. I have been quite slack and not attended many get togethers in the past year, but this year I have managed two.
It was a lovely day with lots of laughs, some wonderful retail therapy at one of my favourite shops where Mary always greets you like a friend.
There was sewing done  and a lot of progress made on my latest Mary Brown Block.
I tweaked the beak and legs a little as it didn't sit right to my eye (it's still not perfect but I can live with it) and I also took out a rooster that was on the bottom of the block. Just some berries and stitching to go and it's done. Might have to do something about an eye too?



Thought I would share some of the other bird blocks too.
This lovely owl block really was the main tempter for the quilt when I first saw it, I just love him.
Mind you the other blocks I felt were way beyond my skills but it took a few years for me to overcome that trepidation.


this block had some additional birdlife which I ommitted too. Sometimes less is more.

Some crochet has been occurring of late too.
I joined Attic 24's Sweet Pea CAL and ordered the wools from the UK too. The colours are amazing and the wool even though it's 100% acrylic is amazing. I finished the main blanket as far as I wanted to and had quite a bit left over so not wanting to waste the wool decided to crochet a small throw in her latest Shell design. While it is small I have been taking it to work with me to hook during lunch breaks.

Happy days!
Hope your Mother's day was a lovely one.

Marina

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful blocks Marina and the Owl block is gorgeous. I can see why you loved it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blocks are looking wonderful. They are gorgeous designs and the fabrics are lovely.
    Love the crocheting. I am also working on this one but am doing the posy combination.
    Well done finishing the full blanket. I think the small one is delightful, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you enjoyed Meeting the friends. Beautiful Blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your blocks are so lovely and I think very clever to make changes to suit what you like best. I love Attic24 yarns and am on my second one of hers. I was very tempted to order sweetpea but thought I better use what I have already...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colours. And great crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blocks, they are beautiful. The crochet rug is lovely. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Marina - it's always lovely to spend time with friends. Your blocks are wonderful and the crochet rugs are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was lovely to see your posts come up in my feed! Gosh your applique is beautiful and I love seeing the close ups of your blocks. Gorgeous crochet too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Mary Brown blocks are wonderful. It reminded me that I have the pattern set and have wanted to get a start on making the quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thursday happiness

 It's a lovely Anzac day holiday today and I am hoping to get some time to prep some blocks for my Blooms quilt as I have run out of pre...