Saturday 18 May 2019

a catch up post

It's a glorious Saturday here in Melbourne.
The day started with a walk for me and Billy then I headed off to craft group with friends.
After some domestic drudgery I thought I would give you a catch up on some things that happened in the past year.

First off was a crochet throw I made for my sister in law.
She decided to change her colour scheme from red to blue and on a visit to the Unwind Cafe I was inspired to buy some beautiful Bendigo Mills cotton. If you get the chance to go the Unwind Cafe it is a real treat. You can be surrounded by luscious wools in a perfectly vintage setting. Tea cups for ladies with milk jugs and pretty little plates carrying scones and dutch pancakes (these are my favourite) sprinkled with lemon juice and icing sugar with a dip in some lemon curd served on the side, Delicious!!
This is what the finished product looked like...
I was inspired by the trip around the world block.
 suits her sitting room perfectly....


Another past project was a repair job I was requested to do by the same sister in law on behalf of a friend of hers.
This throw was a treasured item that was in dire need of repair. I replaced the inner blue blocks which were originally in satin but had rotted and frayed away. I don't know who had made it and it is not perfectly square in it's piecing but a treasure is a treasure! I didn't know if I was up to the challenge but I found the perfect fabric and it came together quite well.
It is an ecclectic mix of fabrics which I would say are from the 70's as I recognise a few of them.
The owner was over the moon and I was happy to have helped a treasure live on.

Last year I took Lucy Kemper to be quilted at Jemima's. As they are so busy I didn't get it back till earlier this year but I wasn't in a hurry and I wasn't disappointed!
This was my 50th birthday quilt, a gift funded by the lovely girls that I worked with.
I have two gift quilts from them, both made by me lol


If it's not too taxing for you guys reading , I'd like to share some Mary Brown blocks too
Before long you'll be all caught up





Thanks for hanging in there for such a big post.
Hope the sun is shining in your neck of the woods and that there is some eurovision love happening for you too.

cheers
Marina

10 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!! Your 50th birthday quilt is lovely! You've been busy ; I love seeing your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the crochet blanket.... lovely pattern and well done with the mending... Your finished quilt is just amazing....so gorgeous and a new one well on the way tooo...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post Marina, great to see what you have been doing, the crochet blanket is beautiful and the save of the quilt is fantastic. Love your Lucy Kemper, and the blocks are magnificient!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The crochet throw looks great Marina and well done for reviving that siling quilt! Your finished quilt looks beautiful as do the new blocks that you are working on. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have definitely been busy. The crochet throw is delightful. So glad it will be appreciated.
    Well done on the repairs.
    And what fun to see your Lucy quilted up. That is gorgeous.
    And of course all the blocks are great, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All lovely work Marina. Having spent from Weds to Friday in the air, I managed to stagger up at 8.am on Sunday to see the winner of Eurovision!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely blanket... and wonderful stitching of various blocks.
    Good to see you again so soon too... xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much gorgeous stuff Marina! We've had magnificent weather the last week or so.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great catch up post Marina - the crochet throw is beautiful and a great job done on the quilt mending. Your Lucy quilt is also very lovely - as you say, well worth the wait :-) Lovely Mary Brown blocks too - so nice to have you back in blogland!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Marina! I am a woman from Hungary.I like to stitch.I speak very little english.I would ask you for a pattern ,that I saw on your blog,it names Lizzie Kate Love is best when you give it away. I would like to stitch it,but I have no the pattern.Can you send me this pattern? My email adress is: judivan70@gmail.com Thank you very much!!!!Iván Julianna

    ReplyDelete

Time is flying....

 Seems like my blog has become a little neglected again, this doesn't mean a lack of crafting though. Progress has been achieved on most...